Theme discussion on GDE and OpenHome

This is a discussion on Theme discussion on GDE and OpenHome within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Has anyone tried running this on there backflip. It's a very interesting and great theme. Cost a couple bucks in the market place but not ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Theme discussion on GDE and OpenHome

Theme discussion on GDE and OpenHome

Has anyone tried running this on there backflip. It's a very interesting and great theme. Cost a couple bucks in the market place but not sure how it will run on the backflip performance wise. Let me know if anyone tried it out and how it runs!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have not tried it out yet but I will when i get to work
    FOLLOW ME ON
    http://twitter.com/dchandler326
    If you have any questions my email is dchandler@backflipforums.com

I briefly tried it and could not get it setup properly but I really did not put much effort into it. One thing I love about the marketplace is you can uninstall the app and get a full refund in 24 hours. I love that feature so you can try the app out.

Itunes does not have this feature and well i won't go into that convo lol

I wanted to try it. But from the reviews it says it force closes a lot. Does google search work on this theme.

Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    I wanted to try it. But from the reviews it says it force closes a lot. Does google search work on this theme.
    On a related note did anyone try Openhome. I searched for aHome but i don't believe it's compatible on 1.5 because I can't find it in the market.

I really want to find a good theme app and themes...

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by batmania15 View Post
    On a related note did anyone try Openhome. I searched for aHome but i don't believe it's compatible on 1.5 because I can't find it in the market.

I really want to find a good theme app and themes...
    I bought Open Home. It does a lot of nice things, up to 7 screens (you can set the number), has some nice widgets, has a setting to take screenshots by pressing the camera button, and has more themes that you acn ever try.

I ended up going back to the standard home app. The phone felt sluggish with open home running, especially with 7 screens. The sluggishness was mostly gone when I set it for 5 screens.

I did not 'return' it. I kept it because I like the settings widget that puts toggle for wifi, blue tooth, gps (not a direct toggle), allows you to disable syncing, and one tap access to the screen brightness setting. The widget puts all of these settings into one bar. The widget works with the stock home app. This widget and the screen shot capability (when open home is running) made it worth buying for me.

As for ahome, my impression is that you can only get the lite (free) version from the market. You have to buy the paid version directly from them.

Both Open home and GDE can run a bit sluggish at times. GDE has the option for a cubed layout which is pretty sweet. Oh, and as far as the google search goes the answer is no. Even themes that add a google search widget it just goes to yahoo when you actually click it.
    Like I said it can be sluggish, but blur can already be sluggish so it's not that big of a difference.

ive been using dxtop ive not had any issues with it getting sluggish(well till i added handcent last night anyway). but i barely use 4 screens(you can have up to 5), with 4 screens all screens are 1 swipe away.

only thing i did was disable the lock screen in it(exact clone of iphone lock, eww)

So I went and downloaded OpenHome. And right now been using it for a day and love it. I have had no sluggish moments and only using 5 home screens. I really only use 3 out of the 5 but have 5 as the setting. I have used some themes but combing the themes with other icons and font packs to create my own. So far I believe it's worth the money and gives quite alot of customization that I was looking for. The only downside is it looks as though it may be a batter killer at the moment but I have to get a better judgement of it first.

So openhome definitely seems to be a battery killer which is a shame because I have no problems with this app. Question is has anyone figured out to change the option of when you hit the home button for it not to ask you to switch back to regular home?

Anyone made any tweaks to get better battery life out of this?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links