found this tonight...

This is a discussion on found this tonight... within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; ...not sure if this is new for you guys but i thought i'd share if to see if it helps anyone tryin to root. Got ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: found this tonight...

found this tonight...

...not sure if this is new for you guys but i thought i'd share if to see if it helps anyone tryin to root.

Got Root on Motorola Backflip? I do. Part I.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is worthless. The main purpose of root is being able to use a modded recovery that allows the flashing of customized update.zip's. With out that you can only apply carrier provided updates, and NOT source compiled yourself.

At the moment we need to find the at&t firmware so we can see if the exploit used to root the cliq is present (it is in the chinese backflip). If that is the case we can get a customized recovery loaded to the phone followed by a custom rom.

Nope. Its not worthless. He wasn't kidding.. I analyzed the source code for the bootloader (which is in there), and the update.zip signature is given there.

sounds like he is making a rom that is rooted and telling the phone its 1200 instead of 1199 so it will accept it as an update. whats not really being shared is how to meet the security protocols to get the phone to take it.

Well if the files can be signed with the proper sig i guess it might work. To me though its weird he only has pics of the recovery and bootloader, features that we can get to without root. If he had root a pic of the actual OS using root would make me believe it. I hope he is right though.

well his reasoning is that he doesnt want to lose devolopement partner rights with moto.

http://myjanky.com/beagleboard/?p=116 this seems to be an update if every one hasn't seen it yet

Seems the site's down

Well, it seems the site's down. However, I've put up my own site detailing my attempts at rooting, and also cached (both links to the google cache, and a local mirror of the posts I setup) the pages, in case his site doesn't come back.

You can find it here:

Motorola Backflip: Rooting, Roms, Revolution!

I'll try and keep the forum updated as I get more of a chance to play with things. Right now, the source code is looking promising... if a pain in the but to build.

morgul, I'm willing to help out any way I can. I got my backflip a few days ago and I've been trying to root it for the past few days. I've gotten as compiling an update.zip, but it won't flash because it claims it isn't signed even though it claims during build that it is signed by the OTA test keys.. I'll try again later by signing the zip manually.

Quote Originally Posted by ut20xx View Post
    morgul, I'm willing to help out any way I can. I got my backflip a few days ago and I've been trying to root it for the past few days. I've gotten as compiling an update.zip, but it won't flash because it claims it isn't signed even though it claims during build that it is signed by the OTA test keys.. I'll try again later by signing the zip manually.
    I haven't been home yet so I haven't kept working on this. Some else who's helping out is running into the key issue as well. The problem seems to be signing with google's key fails. I think we need to figure out how to sign with the motorola key...

ut20xx, I'll pm you and pull you into our discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links