Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!)

This is a discussion on Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!) within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by Lendal Yeah, you're right, batmania15. I apologize. I don't usually get up in someone's face over a forum post or three. Even ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    Yeah, you're right, batmania15. I apologize.

I don't usually get up in someone's face over a forum post or three. Even though I do tend to get riled up when I see guys stirring up needless crap on forums.

I don't know why I do that. I need to get over it.

I guess grandma was right. She always said 'never wrestle in the mud with pigs.' 'You'll get dirty and the pig enjoys it and is probably better at it than you are. Plus, the rest of us aren't really that entertained by it.' She was a smart lady.

Anyway, sorry.
    No worries. Debates and expressing opinions is perfectly fine just want to keep it healthy.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

No offenses taken, and none meant. I really don't personally care if the phone gets rooted. I'm not even sure I would root mine were it to become possible.

The guy may be a fine upstanding guy who is still trying to root the phone. My only point is that even if he is telling the truth, it still doesn't qualify as "rooting the phone" in my eyes since he can only achieve that feat using tools which aren't available to the public.

I think I used the example before, but to me, it's the same as me saying having the code to your super unable to crack safe, and putting in the code and opening it, and then claiming that I had broken into the safe using the code.

It doesn't really count if you cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
    I don't believe he's asking for a trophy for what he's done, so far. He has come out and said that he has rooted the phone using his insider tools. He's been up front about that from the beginning. I don't see him trying to present himself as better or smarter than anyone else.
    Considering he did not mention use of insider tools until the article was published, and mentioned it in comments instead, I disagree.

And now just the other day he posted saying he's still working on trying to figure out a way to reverse engineer the insider tools he has access to so that the phone becomes properly openly 'rooted' for the community without him having to compromise his principles in releasing proprietary information.
    I think that was before he got in trouble. Even then I doubt any one can help him reverse engineer the programs with out getting hands on. That would violate his agreement with moto I would think.

And while he's working on this, by the way, he's also got a real 'day job' that he has to attend to and he's going to college at the same time and has to worry about his college work, too.
    And?

And while he's doing all this, what are you guys doing? You're calling him a liar and a cheat on public web sites. You have no actual information to go on. Just your suspicion that he 'might' not have actually rooted the phone yet.
    Some of us are trying to root the phone using methods available to the public.

If you don't have something helpful or constructive to say, just sit down and STFU. You think tearing him or anyone else down is going to make you look clever and more intelligent? What's your motive here? Why do you think you need to 'expose' his supposed 'lie'?
    Its about exposing the truth. Here we all thought the Backflip was rooted. He fooled most people, and still probably is fooling the big majority of people. What he didnt make clear from the start is he has access to development tools the public does not. Had he been up front about it from the start, people would likley be more understanding.

The simple fact is that of all the noise about rooting the backflip on all the various forums, the only thing that actually seems to have any real substance to it at all is the work he's doing.
    Until I see otherwise, I disagree, I havent seen much substance of anything. The original blog released nothing of use to the public only devs who want to root the phone.

Backflip#Dev: Lastest Posts
    These guys, really havent showed us anything. They have a ROM dump, and we havent heard from them since other then shooting down the supposed root the other guy posted.

Surely they could release more details as to the things they have tried in hopes of gaining root, but there not.

So what substance are you speaking of?

Hope you don't mind that I've got my own opinions, too. And I'm not afraid to share them either.
    Not at all, im always up for a good debate! Lets just keep it civil and not start a flame war shall we?

I still wonder what happened to him or what kinda trouble he got into with AT&T..
    His blogs been completely blank (at least over here) for a week or so now..
    Am I missing some hidden button that gets me in?? I just see the Android wallpaper now...

I do remember him mentioning that AT&T had 'talked to him' in regards to development for the phone and were supposed to announce something or other rather shortly about it..
    Maybe they were talking about the 2.1 Q3 announcement but who knows..

EDIT: Nevermind I guess the blog IS still up its just if you go directly to just 'myjanky.com' you get a blank home page with just an android background..
    You have to 'know where to go' I guess..

For me I just don't get why just didn't ship it with 2.0 out of the box would have made way more sense. Although it would then been bad for the milestone sales, but still.

Unfortunately, the Android releases have been coming fairly rapidly lately (relatively speaking of course). The argument given, and it does seem valid, is that when these phones started development, there was no "Android 2.0". Also, Moto Blur didn't yet run on anything except for Android 1.5 at the time the phone released.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Unfortunately, the Android releases have been coming fairly rapidly lately (relatively speaking of course). The argument given, and it does seem valid, is that when these phones started development, there was no "Android 2.0". Also, Moto Blur didn't yet run on anything except for Android 1.5 at the time the phone released.
    That seems to make sense and I'm sure it's true.

I just hope the update to 2.0 comes around sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    +1 for the answer. This is the reason it was shipped with 1.5

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links