Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!)

This is a discussion on Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!) within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; The dev community fixing what AT&T destroyed: Moto Backflip rooted! Gadgetsteria WOAH when did this happen?????????...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!)

Backflip rooted??? (swear to god not an april fools joke!)

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't want to click on the link because im at work but what are the details?? And you sure this is no joke??

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

"Leave it to AT&T to take a decent to awesome device on paper and completely gut the thing, rendering it useless and a piece of garbage. Yes, I’m ranting about the Motorola Backflip once again. But for good reason. The hardware is pretty unique in the design department. And for AT&T users, it’s their first taste of Android and Moto BLUR. They only deserve the best. Instead they got a plastic paperweight that isn’t worth the plastic it’s made out of. But the developer community has come through yet again.

Attention all: The Motorola Backflip has been rooted! Installable 3rd party apps outside of Android Market — check. Fully tweakable UI — check. Removing those god awful crap apps AT&T relentlessly crams down our throats — check, check. Well, almost. This current state of affairs for Moto Backflip rooting is an early one at that. Essentially, it’s not quite ready for mass adoption yet. At this point it’s pretty basic and is more intended as a “foot in the door”. So, devs interested in really making the Backflip useful, Larry Wheeler of “MyJanky” has kindly provided the means to do so.

The only downside so far is that because of the crippled nature of the device from the get-go, the actual “community” following that makes other Android models so alive and well in the dev scene hasn’t quite organized for the Backflip yet. But it’s a start. Hey, the tough part has been accomplished. Now it’s up to the vibrant Android community to put together some sweet actual bootable ROMs.

I’m sure once the news reaches AT&T, they’ll be super excited on the open development. Haha, just kidding."

That's what the article says, and it was posted on March 29th, not April 1st!!!

Very interesting that in all the blogs i follow (about 5 of them) all about android and have had many posts on the backflip have not mentioned this to the slightest.

I'm still on the cliff off whether or not this is legit. At the moment I will need more credible source or even proof to get me to believe. Nice find and hopefully this does mean something but I still don't fully believe this yet.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Motorola Backflip Rooted
    BlogoWogo - The Blog Network | Motorola Backflip Rooted

More of the same... I really hope this is true, removing that bloatware sure sounds enticing!

This info. has been out and known for a while now.There are people working on it and we will know if it is true soon enough i hope.

Exclamation There is no root

The backflip has not been rooted. The blog listed has absolutely nothing useful on it; you can't recreate what he claims to have done. Simply put, even if he's telling the truth, he rooted it with a moto developer tool; which he won't release. So in either event, no, it's not been rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by morgul View Post
    The backflip has not been rooted. The blog listed has absolutely nothing useful on it; you can't recreate what he claims to have done. Simply put, even if he's telling the truth, he rooted it with a moto developer tool; which he won't release. So in either event, no, it's not been rooted.
    Well that sucks... Oh well a real root is inevitable, it'll just take some more time. Definitely worth the wait though.

I agree, the guy is a fake. the methods he suggests do not work. probably just a picture of his phone showing an image he made in photoshop. if he were really able to do what he claims he would have made a writeup that makes sense. instead he made the post and seems to have disappeared. just some internet kid trying to gain some fame,

Rod
    All, I am thinking about getting the BackFlip because of the OS. I enjoy development, sort of a hobby. My question is, what does "rooted" mean? An acquaintance has an HTC phone with the android OS and says it is great. Does the BackFlip compare, or should I expect it to?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links