Quick Question

This is a discussion on Quick Question within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; If that guy who rooted the backflip did it using the developer tools from motorola why doesnt some one download the dev tools? I did ...

Thread: Quick Question

Quick Question

If that guy who rooted the backflip did it using the developer tools from motorola why doesnt some one download the dev tools? I did they are free... the problem I am not a programmer.:motorola:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

where did you download them from? I wanna download and play with them.

Well, it appears that guy didn't root anything. The tools are available and you are able to compile the source, but with out the proper OTA keys the builds being compiled are worthless.

The guy never showed any pics proving root, all he showed was the standard recovery and the secured fastboot, both things you can see by powering on with the camera+power buttons together.

Backflip#Dev: Lastest Posts <== read here, these guys have been trying a lot of diff exploits, but none have worked yet. They also have a post about the myjanky guy

He works with motorola and has "special" keys that he cannot give out. Which sucks; but I know he is working hard on getting it rooted

It's possible that he is a Moto developer and has access to the signing keys. However that still makes his post bunk. Until it can be rooted by someone without privileged access, it's not rooted.

That's like someone claiming to have broken into a bank when they work there and have a key to the front door.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links