Information to help get the backflip rooted

This is a discussion on Information to help get the backflip rooted within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey Everybody i have a rooted backflip Any way to get non market apps on via apk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Information to help get the backflip rooted

Hey Everybody
    i have a rooted backflip
    Any way to get non market apps on via apk

So let me get this right, you managed to roof your backflip, but can't get an non market app on the phone?.... you show me you're I'll show you mine.

He probably has the Chinese/Euro version.

Then again, he claims to have the Milestone in his sig (which is the DROID by Verizon.)

Quote Originally Posted by attn1 View Post
    Code:
    Failed ! No ~~~ Fu goo ~~~
    Doesn't work. Didn't really expect it would...
    I believe it uses the /etc/firmware exploit. ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by SSeymour View Post
    That was what i was thinking but no one has tried it.I dont even know where to begin on how to sign a modded rom with the keys.Probably need certain tools to sign it but i wonder if theres another way.Just have no idea where to begin.Doesnt look like anyone else does either.
    How to sign an update.zip, along with everything else about how android works is public information. Signing Your Applications | Android Developers has instructions on signing apps to give you a general idea (updates aren't too different, I'm just at work, so I don't have access to my notes or tools.) All the tools you need are in the android source at android.git.kernel.org Git. all the signing process does is add 3 files, 2 of which are encrypted with motorola's own private key.

Unless Motorola used some publicly available private key to sign their test updates, and then forgot to remove it, (very doubtful, as it only takes a minute to generate your own with gpg,) then this route is useless to us.

I started reversing the recovery program to get the public keys a while back, with the idea of seeing if I could find a matching private one online; but stopped because I couldn't find a decent disassembler, (the one in the sdk is missing a lot of instructions,) and I realized what of waste of time it was. If anyone else has the patience though, I think they'd be cool to have- even if it is pointless...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links