Information to help get the backflip rooted

This is a discussion on Information to help get the backflip rooted within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; This thread is for any factual information anyone may have that will help root the backflip.I know there are many threads out there about rooting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Information to help get the backflip rooted

Information to help get the backflip rooted

This thread is for any factual information anyone may have that will help root the backflip.I know there are many threads out there about rooting the backflip but most of them end up talking about rumors or things that "might" happen.Lets try to get the facts sorted out as well as we possibly can!Ill start =)

1)Backflip Test keys
    commit 9d07afa5c445c892a271b723e34fc60af9c589b1
    Author: Fernando Attia <qfa008@motorola.com>
    Date: Mon Dec 7 15:49:22 2009 -0800

disabling secure builds

commit cc9b4f4f4730f41fc2ae244dc3a2ba3eb6d42815
    Author: Fernando Attia <qfa008@motorola.com>
    Date: Thu Dec 3 12:34:51 2009 -0800

bug40251 - disable the adb interface by default for user builds

Source:Root Info - Android Forums

2)Backflip(ATT) cannot be flashed with the Motus firmware

3)Every file in the Backflip source code is encrypted except 2 (cefs.mbn and batwings-hwga.img)
    Source:BACKFLIP & MOTUS firmwares Superthread - Page 3 - ModMyMoto - Software Modding Forums and Updates for Motorola Phones

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by SSeymour View Post
    T
    bug40251 - disable the adb interface by default for user builds

Source:Root Info - Android Forums
    That mean what I THINK it means?
    No more sideloading via adb on that release (0.13.27) when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkonwheels View Post
    That mean what I THINK it means?
    No more sideloading via adb on that release (0.13.27) when it comes out?

I do believe this was in a file extracted from the 12.1199 build that has been removed a few days after the source was released.Im not sure what it means but i think if you make a modded build(rooted rom)it will disable ADB.

Well it does say "bug40251 - disable the adb interface by default for user builds" so perhaps it is can still be enabled its just not on by default.

That was what i was thinking but no one has tried it.I dont even know where to begin on how to sign a modded rom with the keys.Probably need certain tools to sign it but i wonder if theres another way.Just have no idea where to begin.Doesnt look like anyone else does either.

There have been update.zip built from source, but they are not flashable since we don't have the production keys. All we have available are the testing keys. When we get root and flash a recovery that allows customer firmware the source will be useful.

So these are only OTA keys?I guess i should edit my post then.my apologies.So they didnt supply the encryption keys with the source?What was the porpose of releasing it?lol

Quote Originally Posted by SSeymour View Post
    So these are only OTA keys?I guess i should edit my post then.my apologies.So they didnt supply the encryption keys with the source?What was the porpose of releasing it?lol
    I am sorry, we have test keys (i edited my post also). I replied in a rush earlier and wasn't thinking

The source is released because motorola HAS to release it in order to use android on there phones. It is something google requires if a manufacturer wants to use android on there devices. Also it encourages the community to find fixes to bugs in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    I am sorry, we have test keys (i edited my post also). I replied in a rush earlier and wasn't thinking

The source is released because motorola HAS to release it in order to use android on there phones. It is something google requires if a manufacturer wants to use android on there devices. Also it encourages the community to find fixes to bugs in the system.
    Re-edited my post lol.Well I guess that info. Really doesn't matter.I'm sure the backflip will be rooted we just have to keep on trying. Thank you for filling me in on that info.

So why don't the test keys work? Are they restricted like a demo app for example?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links