Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip

This is a discussion on Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Moved to Motorola Backflip Development and Hacking....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip

Moved to Motorola Backflip Development and Hacking.

well... i've decided not to try it and brick my phone. i'm already on my 3rd backflip in a month. so i'll just wait. :]

Quote Originally Posted by driftchick View Post
    well... i've decided not to try it and brick my phone. i'm already on my 3rd backflip in a month. so i'll just wait. :]
    Hah me too! the first one would stop getting texts after i messed with battery seettings or downloaded anything from the market, and the 2nd one the zagg sheild solution killed pixels and somehow the water indicators went off, im glad best buy has the 30 day exchange.

Hey guys!

Actually the problem with installing 2.1 droid version is the resolution of the screen, you need to delete 1.5 entirely and install 2.1 modified so the screen will fit and you don't have missing corners.
    I know it can be done so im trying to get a tutorial on how to program the entire thing. The problem is that the guy how did it is a lazy &%$! and the other problem is that i'm from argentina so the ROM that i could post here in the future (hopefully) will be useless for you.
    (besides it will be better to wait if we can root the upcoming 2.1)

But please don't let us lose hope, i'm trying from here too!

Sorry for my spelling!!

You can't manually install Android 2.1 on the phone without root access on the phone. I think it would be best to just wait for the official upgrade. Besides, if you are going to try to manually upgrade your phone, why go for 2.1 when you can go for 2.2 (when we should hopefully be getting an official release of 2.1 in the near future).
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I know that sound like that guy that said in early march that he got root access and probably wanted to get attention(and he did) but i'm telling you i've seen it. I'm trying to get the tutorial and you are right why would we want 2.1 from a droid if i'ts comming the official version from motorola? I'ts what i saw in the phone but if i can get the tutorial on how to erase 1.5(and he didn't rooted the phone, trust me) we could install de 2.2 version for HTC Hero (not released yet) that has the same resolution and have 2.2 on a backflip.

I'm calling shenanigans. You can't just "erase 1.5" without root access. You could roll your own upgrade.zip but then you'd need to sign them with the official Motorola key for the phone to accept it to do the upgrade. Again, what you are trying can't be done without obtaining root access, and even then, you'd have to get around the protected bootloader (meaning you'd need a way to get around the package signing issue, as I don't believe just obtaining root access will give you this).

I'd like to see proof of your friends phone running anything other than Android 1.5 before I'll believe your "friend" is running anything else on his Backflip.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Fair enough, i know it sounds non sence because i didn't belive it either. And, as i understand it sounds very fishy, i'm working to get the way and post it.

Don't need to belive me, i just wanted to share this info to see if any one heared about this and knew something more to give me a hand. But as i said before i'll still work on this possibility

This really does seem hard to believe, but if your friends really have done this, can you make the tutorial a little faster?
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

I'll believe it when I see it. At the very least a video, tutorial, screenshots, something other than just word.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links