Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip

This is a discussion on Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Want Android 2.1? Here you go | Download Android So this is the link/reference I'm using trying to manually update my phone from the 1.5 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip

Trying to do manual update to 2.1 on Backflip

Want Android 2.1? Here you go | Download Android
    So this is the link/reference I'm using trying to manually update my phone from the 1.5 to the 2.1. I've tried all the links with the phone. But for some reason, I canNOT get into recovery mode. I hold down the "x" and power button at the same time and NEVER get the exclamation point they are talking about. Just the Motorola logo and then it just turns on. So essentially I guess my question is, How the heck do I do recovery mode on this phone properly?
    The only reason why I want to do this update is because I used to have G1 before with T-Mobile and it had the most recent Android Market which is white and green rather than the dark themed one accompanied with the 1.5 Android OS. For some reason each market has certain apps that the other doesn't, such as Study Droid, PDAnet, Talk To Me, Epocrates and blah blah blah. PLEASE HELP ME GET THE NEWEST ANDROID MARKET.
    Thanks so much.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That's the 2.1 update for the droid, I would be very surprised if it worked for the backflip even with the instructions adapted accordingly.

The reason some apps don't exist in the market is because the require a different android release. The market on android 1.5 phones like the backflip only show apps that can run on android 1.5.

this might not work on this particular android may only be for the droid....

j+d+power but i dont think it will work

I wont even follow behind everyone and say this "might" not work. I know for sure that it wont.

As fo recovery mode, if I remember correctly from the thread I started here(searching would have given you an an instant answer)you hold the camera button down, turn the phone on, release camera, then you need to hold the down volume button,eventually the triangle screen comes up and then you hit the bottom right corner of the screen above the back arrow. Then it will aask you if you want to update via update.zip, among other options.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post
    As fo recovery mode, if I remember correctly from the thread I started here(searching would have given you an an instant answer)you hold the camera button down, turn the phone on, release camera, then you need to hold the down volume button,eventually the triangle screen comes up and then you hit the bottom right corner of the screen above the back arrow. Then it will aask you if you want to update via update.zip, among other options.
    Yeah I've searched tech problems thread and other threads looking for the answer to do a recovery mode, but couldn't find it.
    Anywhoooo... To everyone else, thank you for your replies. It doesn't hurt to try it. So I'll let you know if it does work or not. :]

Quote Originally Posted by driftchick View Post
    Want Android 2.1? Here you go | Download Android
    So this is the link/reference I'm using trying to manually update my phone from the 1.5 to the 2.1. I've tried all the links with the phone. But for some reason, I canNOT get into recovery mode. I hold down the "x" and power button at the same time and NEVER get the exclamation point they are talking about. Just the Motorola logo and then it just turns on. So essentially I guess my question is, How the heck do I do recovery mode on this phone properly?
    The only reason why I want to do this update is because I used to have G1 before with T-Mobile and it had the most recent Android Market which is white and green rather than the dark themed one accompanied with the 1.5 Android OS. For some reason each market has certain apps that the other doesn't, such as Study Droid, PDAnet, Talk To Me, Epocrates and blah blah blah. PLEASE HELP ME GET THE NEWEST ANDROID MARKET.
    Thanks so much.
    If you try and flash an OS that is cooked for a different device on your backflip you will end up bricking your backflip.

Quote Originally Posted by driftchick View Post
    Yeah I've searched tech problems thread and other threads looking for the answer to do a recovery mode, but couldn't find it.
    Anywhoooo... To everyone else, thank you for your replies. It doesn't hurt to try it. So I'll let you know if it does work or not. :]
    Because you needed to look for hard reset.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links