mobile data on/off toggle widget

This is a discussion on mobile data on/off toggle widget within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I'm always having to open Quick Settings to turn 3G on and off (anyone know any other way?) and its getting old. I'm slowly reading ...

Thread: mobile data on/off toggle widget

mobile data on/off toggle widget

I'm always having to open Quick Settings to turn 3G on and off (anyone know any other way?) and its getting old. I'm slowly reading through the SDK and I've had a few semesters of Java but never really used it, and I wanna write a data toggle widget that appends/removes a string to the "wap" line of the apn settings like Quick Settings does to make the line not parse properly. It's ugly but it turns off battery sucking 3g.

Anyway, I've been reading around trying to find how to access the apn settings, and that's where it gets hazy. The only reference I can find is in the SDK docs under settings, there's a string constant called ACTION_APN_SETTINGS, but that's it. Apparently it's possible if Quick Settings can do it, but Google doesn't go into any further detail in the SDK, and all I can find on forums is people asking how to use it, so I figured I'd ask here and post an answer if I find anything.

Maybe Android is still Linux enough to have a convenient text file somewhere on the phone that contains all the APN information :-D

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ok, here's something. I was playing with the DroidAPI app (free download) and found a group of Strings called NAME, APN, PROXY, PORT etc., but I can't find the class Telephony.Carriers() anywhere, which is apparently where all the fields are. I can't find a reference to any of the fields or the class anywhere in the android deveploper wiki.

So what the hell?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links