so is anyone able to do anything with the new update???

This is a discussion on so is anyone able to do anything with the new update??? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; from what i hear is that we need to see an update so people can get stuff from it to root the phone right?? well ...

Thread: so is anyone able to do anything with the new update???

so is anyone able to do anything with the new update???

from what i hear is that we need to see an update so people can get stuff from it to root the phone right?? well has anyone been able to root the phone yet with the updates that are out?? just wondering, if im wrong please correct me

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by kschumake83 View Post
    from what i hear is that we need to see an update so people can get stuff from it to root the phone right?? well has anyone been able to root the phone yet with the updates that are out?? just wondering, if im wrong please correct me
    I think it's more realistic to think of it this way...

With each update that comes out, we'll learn more and more about exactly what's required to update and eventually root the backflip.

It's likely to take much more than just one update. But all these things provide clues. However, some clues are useless while others will be critical.

And no one knows which will be which.

i wish i knew more about this kind of things... would love to give a hand on this but the last time i played with any operating systems it was windows 3.1

C2k
    The update isnt even officially out. It was basically people playing with the manual update at the same time that Motorola was playing with a planned update. 1000 people will get an early update, theyll get feedback, then release a finished product after that. So until that, I dont think anyone is closer to rooting the phone.

i was one of the lucky few who got it early, and so far the BIGGEST thing I noticed was improved voice quality as well as general peppy-ness with certain android features. By NO means am i saying it made the phone quicker (actually, some things have gone slower for me but that could be due to messing with market sooo much)

I wonder how the website will address who actually got the update vs who says they did and what kinda feedback they will want back...questions that will HOPEFULLY be answered tomorrow.

i was able to download and install it.. going thru the motions of checking functionality and evaluating now. was still available for dload 9:26am edt!

I dont see what there is to 'learn' about the Backflip when the update was pushed out from Motorola and there is nothing the user gets to do about it other than click 'Ok' and wait for it to reboot..

You can dump your roms all you want, we still dont have to tools to do anything with em whatsoever.
    You can even compile the update yourself and look at that but you still dont have the ability to actually apply it to the phone on your own..

There are ways of capturing the update file and that is where the hackers can sometimes find good secrets about a device. Also, at some point, the update should become available as a download.

The update file has been captured, and is available here:

BACKFLIP & MOTUS firmwares Superthread

You need RSD Lite to flash it on your handset; it is not in the form of an update.zip.

--W5i2

Quote Originally Posted by weasel5i2 View Post
    The update file has been captured, and is available here:

BACKFLIP & MOTUS firmwares Superthread

You need RSD Lite to flash it on your handset; it is not in the form of an update.zip.

--W5i2
    Thanks for the link

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links