I don't think it's coming

This is a discussion on I don't think it's coming within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; iI really don't think that the Backflip is going to get rooted before the 2.1 update comes. It sure doesn't look like it will anyways. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: I don't think it's coming

  1. #1
    Senior Member Joe Coolcool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    408

    I don't think it's coming

    iI really don't think that the Backflip is going to get rooted before the 2.1 update comes. It sure doesn't look like it will anyways. Don't get me wrong. If someone roots it before then, I will be happy. I want it to come, I just doubt it will.

    I know I'm not the only one thinking it right?

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Senior Member luke31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rockaway Beach NY
    Posts
    116
    Haha you are DEFINITELY not the only one. I have posted countless replies and threads voicing this very same sentiment. Its as if nobody cares anymore, that the backflip has been pushed behind and ignored. Visit any website that desires to root the backflip (even modmymoto) and you will notice that there has been practically no activity regarding the backflip root. Yep, I seriously think its never coming. Devs don't see to care enough, as all that matters is the droid and every htc android phone. Its quite sad.

  4. #3
    Junior Member Shawnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    14
    Hi. Can you educate me please? What does it mean to be rooted and why is it important?

    Thanks!

  5. #4
    Senior Member luke31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rockaway Beach NY
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnna View Post
    Hi. Can you educate me please? What does it mean to be rooted and why is it important?

    Thanks!
    I'm not too good at explaining this, but rooting a device means gaining complete access to it. It truly puts the "open" in open source. Among other things, rooting allows you to install certain applications that otherwise you would not be able to install. One of the most useful ones give you the ability to utilize your phone as a mobile wifi hotspot. Perhaps the most important "feature" of rooting is that it enables you to install custom firmwares onto your device. For example, we would potentially be able to install 2.1 MONTHS before it's even out (that is, if a developer built a compatible version of 2.1 for the backflip). This is just scratching the surface, but rooting is generally a very desirable thing.

  6. #5
    Senior Member tae_254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    390
    I can't really agree with that, yes there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter on the forums about rooting the phone, but i have a lot of friends who are great Devs and have rooted plenty other phones. Its not the fact that no one is interested in it, but rooting the backflip is hard. Plenty of my Dev friends have tried and didnt succeed. At&t has this phone LOCKED down and LOCKED down good. Right now there is no talk because there is nothing we can do to root the phone. Every option they used to root the other android phones has failed on the backflip.. So blame At&t and Motorola, not the devs.

  7. #6
    Senior Member luke31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rockaway Beach NY
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by tae_254 View Post
    I can't really agree with that, yes there doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter on the forums about rooting the phone, but i have a lot of friends who are great Devs and have rooted plenty other phones. Its not the fact that no one is interested in it, but rooting the backflip is hard. Plenty of my Dev friends have tried and didnt succeed. At&t has this phone LOCKED down and LOCKED down good. Right now there is no talk because there is nothing we can do to root the phone. Every option they used to root the other android phones has failed on the backflip.. So blame At&t and Motorola, not the devs.
    I'm sorry for assigning blame prematurely. It's just so frustrating that such an amazing phone is crippled to the extent that it can't do certain things that every android phone should inherently be able to do.

  8. #7
    Junior Member ldd2142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    They have managed to root the international versions of the backflip... Who knows, maybe some dev will pull a rabbit out of his hat and get the american one rooted... who knows, I am not holding my breath, but it seems like getting some of them rooted is progress.

  9. #8
    Senior Member tae_254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    I'm sorry for assigning blame prematurely. It's just so frustrating that such an amazing phone is crippled to the extent that it can't do certain things that every android phone should inherently be able to do.
    I agree with you 110%. This phone has way to much potential that cant be shed to light.

  10. #9
    Senior Member tae_254's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    390
    Quote Originally Posted by ldd2142 View Post
    They have managed to root the international versions of the backflip... Who knows, maybe some dev will pull a rabbit out of his hat and get the american one rooted... who knows, I am not holding my breath, but it seems like getting some of them rooted is progress.

    Motus (international backflip) and our backflip are two different devices when it comes to rooting and what is all necessary to root the phone.

  11. #10
    Junior Member ldd2142's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    17
    yea i know... i'm just sayin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. My new fone
    By DF Member in forum HTC Desire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 06:10 AM

Search tags for this page

content

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum