help find the unbranded telus flash file

This is a discussion on help find the unbranded telus flash file within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So i personally (with no luck) have been searching for the telus flash file. This file I think might be flashable on our att phones ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help find the unbranded telus flash file

help find the unbranded telus flash file

So i personally (with no luck) have been searching for the telus flash file. This file I think might be flashable on our att phones since they are similar spec-wise. most importantly the radios operate on the same frequencies.

I am particularly intrested in finding this build, because it appears to be unbranded!! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QynJCpfZ6SU]YouTube - Motorola BackFlip Walk-thru by PRN[/ame] Because of this in this video and the others the phone seems to run quicker and have google search.

I am pretty sure somebody somewhere somebody has an rsd lite flash file for this build and I am hoping someone can track it down. Many of this firmwares are collected on BACKFLIP & MOTUS firmwares Superthread - ModMyMoto - Software Modding Forums and Updates for Motorola Phones

The particular version of this blue is 13.1129 according to the https://opensource.motorola.com/sf/f...da.rel_13_1129

(The south american flash files brasil or argentina may be flashable, but i am unsure if they are unbranded or foreign in language)

There is no guarantee this will work, and maybe we will just get root instead, but i figure it is worth a shot. I personally settle with an unbranded backflip with no root, but both would be ideal

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Canadian here

How do i get you the files you need from my backflip! I'm running the Telus firmware; version 0.13.1129.MB300.TELUS.en.CA .

Oh, and the Telus devices are Carrier locked, that's probably a problem.

How can I help?

J

I like the all black look of that backflip.

I have 9 lockerz invites if interested PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaauger View Post
    How do i get you the files you need from my backflip! I'm running the Telus firmware; version 0.13.1129.MB300.TELUS.en.CA .

Oh, and the Telus devices are Carrier locked, that's probably a problem.

How can I help?

J
    Thanks, we need the actually flash file which doesn't reside on your phone. It is a file you use (*.sbf ) to flash with RSD-lite. Could you confirm that what telus is selling is in fact unbranded and unrestricted (able to install non-market APK's)?

A system dump might be useful. You can do that with ADB. I believe it is "ADB shell pull /system foldername" but i am not sure and cannot verify until later. weasel5i2 seems to be the smartest guy we have working on these phones so it might be worth PM'ing him or making a post to the dev forum here and see who else can help. I am not expert or dev :confused:

@batmania the backflip is mighty sexy in black. I am actually jealous we got shafted with silver!

Hmmm...

I haven't ever seen an SBF file... i'll look in the opensoure.motorola but yes, it's unbranded and everything as far as I can tell, the only thing is that it seems the phones are carrier locked, I can install anything from marketplace and have the "unknown sources" option.

J

I have the phone too, and I can confirm that it's unrestricted because I've installed apps from Google Code.

Quote Originally Posted by monday View Post
    I have the phone too, and I can confirm that it's unrestricted because I've installed apps from Google Code.
    Do you guys know if telus is planning on releasing any updates or anything in the near future?

No probably not, the Canadian Backflip isn't even listed on the Motorola website's Android Software Update News page

I've been hunting for an answer to my question whether the Telus firmware could find its way to the ATT phone so, in the very least, we can use the ATT phone with fewer restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by honz View Post
    I've been hunting for an answer to my question whether the Telus firmware could find its way to the ATT phone so, in the very least, we can use the ATT phone with fewer restrictions.
    Unfortunately we will not know until we can get a hold of that flash file and actually try using rsd lite to put it on our phones.

I think our chances are good though especially since the phone is an MB300 (not me600) and it uses the same radio frequencies as att.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links