Home Screen Replacements

This is a discussion on Home Screen Replacements within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; deleted by author...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Screen Replacements

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix View Post
    I never had a problem with sorting pandas sidebars. Granted, it wasn't very intuitive, but it can be done. Try dragging the icons off of the dock into a blank space on your home screen, then drag them back on in the order you want them. Worked for me every time. I seem to remember that different shaped drawers had different orders when laying them out. These could be wrong but here's some ASCII for you. Mostly I only uses these 2 layouts

2x2
    1 2
    3 4

1x4
    Maybe I'll try again, I swear every time I closed the side bar it would reorder my apps/contact shortcuts.

OK forum, everyone chime in with your fav home replacement apps.

I personally have only tried panda home so far. I loved the custom drawers on the sides, but actually uninstalled yesterday because I got tired of not having the permanent dialer and contact buttons. I tried adding shortcuts to them for each screen but losing 2 squares on all screens was just too much for me. It was a little laggy, but nothing too detrimental. Not even close to a deal breaker.

I am going to try zeam later tonight. I'll let you know if I like it.

Thinking about ahome, but not sure if I want to pay for it without seeing what its like.

Are there any others with the custom drawers like panda?
    I've tried and purchased every home replcement app. Im not sure if this is true for everyone, but for me, after the update i got force closes. I used zeam for a while because it was quick but got tired of the non-customizability. so now im just using the default home.
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Maybe I'll try again, I swear every time I closed the side bar it would reorder my apps/contact shortcuts.
    Yeah, every time I reboot it sorts my icons alphabetically. Oh well.

C2k
    ... but actually uninstalled yesterday because I got tired of not having the permanent dialer and contact buttons. I tried adding shortcuts to them for each screen but losing 2 squares on all screens was just too much for me. It was a little laggy, but nothing too detrimental. Not even close to a deal breaker.
    Instead of that, I just put my contacts and dialer in their own drawer. I really hate not having the permanent ones either, but the drawers make everything I need really handy. plus i like the extra screens because im a neat freak.

I do think it slows down my phone, but my camera, video, ring toggle, internet, basically everything I use is right there whenever i need it.

I just downloaded the newest update for zeam and it is so mutch better. It has a new menu bar that kicks ass. Its hard to describe but it is 100% better than the last version you have to try it out

Yea I just updated to the newest version of zeam also but it doesnt allow anywhere to get to my dialer like the last version...is there anyway to get my dialer on my home screen

The new dock is basically a shortcut bar, like the dock on the iPhone. You can just drag a shortcut to the dialer app to the dock.

It looks to have space for 5 shortcuts on the new dock.

more than that cause you can scroll back and forth on it

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links