Home Screen Replacements

This is a discussion on Home Screen Replacements within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; OK forum, everyone chime in with your fav home replacement apps. I personally have only tried panda home so far. I loved the custom drawers ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Screen Replacements

Question Home Screen Replacements

OK forum, everyone chime in with your fav home replacement apps.

I personally have only tried panda home so far. I loved the custom drawers on the sides, but actually uninstalled yesterday because I got tired of not having the permanent dialer and contact buttons. I tried adding shortcuts to them for each screen but losing 2 squares on all screens was just too much for me. It was a little laggy, but nothing too detrimental. Not even close to a deal breaker.

I am going to try zeam later tonight. I'll let you know if I like it.

Thinking about ahome, but not sure if I want to pay for it without seeing what its like.

Are there any others with the custom drawers like panda?
    Don't speak to me of the crunch. You know nothing of the crunch.
    You've never even been to the crunch.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix View Post
    OK forum, everyone chime in with your fav home replacement apps.

I personally have only tried panda home so far. I loved the custom drawers on the sides, but actually uninstalled yesterday because I got tired of not having the permanent dialer and contact buttons. I tried adding shortcuts to them for each screen but losing 2 squares on all screens was just too much for me. It was a little laggy, but nothing too detrimental. Not even close to a deal breaker.

I am going to try zeam later tonight. I'll let you know if I like it.

Thinking about ahome, but not sure if I want to pay for it without seeing what its like.

Are there any others with the custom drawers like panda?
    Eh I've tried most of them, including zeam and panda, but they ALL take a toll on the phone's performance. Although I don't like the playful look of the motorola overlay, it is not as laggy as a third party home screen. That's why I just stick with default.

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

I love Zeam, and it seems faster for me as well, but I love Panda Home's side bars. If only I could get the icons in the bars to not sort alphabetically..

I like DXTop. Doesn't slow the phone as much as the others, and allows me (or you) to hide the ATT bloatware apps in the apps drawer. Also most of the open home (etc) themes can be applied.

Junior Member Anthony_attdroids's Avatar
    With these home screens are there any way to only have one home screen page opposed to the stock amounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    I love Zeam, and it seems faster for me as well, but I love Panda Home's side bars. If only I could get the icons in the bars to not sort alphabetically..
    I never had a problem with sorting pandas sidebars. Granted, it wasn't very intuitive, but it can be done. Try dragging the icons off of the dock into a blank space on your home screen, then drag them back on in the order you want them. Worked for me every time. I seem to remember that different shaped drawers had different orders when laying them out. These could be wrong but here's some ASCII for you. Mostly I only uses these 2 layouts

2x2
    1 2
    3 4

1x4

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    With these home screens are there any way to only have one home screen page opposed to the stock amounts?
    Most of them have an option to adjust the number of screens up to 9. Most default to 3 or 5 but I'm pretty sure zeam and panda would let you go down to 1. (Not really sure why you would only want 1 though)

I really like panda but I can't get over no contacts and call buttons aswell so i went back to default doesn't zeam have those buttons?

Junior Member Anthony_attdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravaged Pheonix View Post
    Most of them have an option to adjust the number of screens up to 9. Most default to 3 or 5 but I'm pretty sure zeam and panda would let you go down to 1. (Not really sure why you would only want 1 though)
    I tried out zeam, only went down to 3. I'm pretty simplistic and don't like having too many widgets and shortcuts so one screen works good for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links