13.35 No-Wipe Upgrade File & Tutorial

This is a discussion on 13.35 No-Wipe Upgrade File & Tutorial within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by weasel5i2 Just for the record, this update did not fix Google Sky Maps, and it also seems that "Level" (a carpenter's level ...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 13.35 No-Wipe Upgrade File & Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by weasel5i2 View Post
    Just for the record, this update did not fix Google Sky Maps, and it also seems that "Level" (a carpenter's level app) also does not work, I imagine for the same reason as Sky Maps. It just sits there and seems to ignore the accelerometer.
    That's odd. Sky Maps and Layar both started to work properly for me as soon as I got the OTA update (they both had the same bug before the update, always showing east no matter which direction your phone was facing). I don't know about "Level", but I have a different level app called Bubble that always worked, pre- and post-update.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    That's odd. Sky Maps and Layar both started to work properly for me as soon as I got the OTA update
    Here is the skinny as I have heard it.. There are 2 API layers that can be used to get the compass 1 is raw data and the other is a more refined direction type (Magnetic ish) whatever the maker of Skyview Used (I suspect the raw) is feeding back things the API did not expect and the app messes I know of one other app that had problems ant that is Layer. I am guessing this was fixed in the .13 update so it conformed to the correct Spec. I am patiently waiting the update now (As I am in no hurry to break things.)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by venaul View Post
    yes its ATT, and i'm running RSD lite 4.6
    I would try another computer, and make sure the phone is in bootloader mode.

I was getting the same errors trying to flash, using a Vista laptop. After looking around for an answer it seems that an XP machine works much better in some cases with the flash utility. I tried some of the workarounds suggested, and then just started over on an XP machine. And it went right on. No problem. I just followed the instructions on page one of the thread.

i thought this update was for fixing the motorola phone, not an att stuff. this is lame, id wish my phone could have some improvements, but motorola forgot the other owners from backflips around the world. im sorry for that.
    im waiting for the 2.1 update now.

but not with the att stuff that i dont want and dont need.

Software Version: Blur_Version.0.12.7071.MB300.Vivo.en.BR
    Flex Version: USAMOTSVIVBRLA013.0R

The OTA updates are carrier specific. This update just happens to be for ATT customers.

Quote Originally Posted by svet View Post
    i thought this update was for fixing the motorola phone, not an att stuff. this is lame, id wish my phone could have some improvements, but motorola forgot the other owners from backflips around the world. im sorry for that.

This update fixes Motorola issues but it's for AT&T phones at the moment.

How did you get the Flex version for your phone? I thought RSD didn't recognize your phone.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    My skymaps and the "bubble" level app both work. It could be something with your settings. A silly question, but did you try restarting your phone after the install? I haven't a clue why mine would work and yours not.
    Mine works now, I had done a reboot or two since reflashing (without a data wipe) but it still froze up, and then I also noticed that once the "frozen" state has occurred (before rebooting) the accelerometer no longer works in the Camera! The little reticle box doesn't rotate at all, and the camera is oblivious to the position of the handset..

However, a further reboot seems to have fixed everything now, both Sky Map and Level work fine, and so does Camera.

--W5i2

Smile

..but not with the att stuff that i dont want and dont need.
    I wonder if the AT&T bloat is in a separate CG, or if it is included in the main system CG? If it has its own CG, then it may be possible to remove them from the update (the same way moosefist removed the userdata partition and repackaged it for this thread) -- not sure though, I'm still trying to wrap my head around the packaging format for these (as I understand) "monster packs"

Hey, anyone know if it's possible to access the higher layers (filesystem, moto, etc) through the Motorola QC Interface? Apparently that bypasses all the moto and provides an interface directly to the Qualcomm hardware! No idea yet how to implement and use this interface, but it definitely IS detected by RSD Lite and the latest Moto drivers. I'm still researching into it as a possibility..

--W5i2

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links