lets try to find the 13.37 ota update url and zip!!

This is a discussion on lets try to find the 13.37 ota update url and zip!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Having a copy of the update could open up some possibilities for root. from what i understand you can find this by tracing the packets ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lets try to find the 13.37 ota update url and zip!!

lets try to find the 13.37 ota update url and zip!!

Having a copy of the update could open up some possibilities for root.

from what i understand you can find this by tracing the packets on a wifi router. (i believe this is the way thedudesandroid found the cliq update over at m3). i have no idea how to do this and i wont be able to tinker with this tomorrow.

or

use the log collector app. [GUIDE] How to Preparing your Nexus One for the Android 2.2 OTA Update and help us find the Download Link AndroidSPIN

that link sort of details the process, i am not sure if it works though.

i am posting from my phone and i gotta work 7-7 tomorrow so i am limited. it would be cool if someone could get on the cyanogenmod irc channel and verify with the pros how they do it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

For those already on 13.35 who will be sticking around here:

On Thursday June 24thwe will have another optional early software release available for the Motorola Backflip! Our goal is to have 1,000 customers test System version update 12.1199 to 13.37 and 1,000 customers test System version update 13.35 to 13.37. Both groups will then provide feedback on the software before it is officially released to all customers!

We will be making the preview software available via an over-the-air update from 6 am PST until we reach 1,000 users in each group.

If you want to participate:

• Feel free to click Receive Email Communications in the Actions widget to the right to get notified when the update goes live. This thread will be locked until the update is available.
    • Be available at 6am PST.
    • Have a fully charged battery.
    • Download and install the 1-step software update from your home screen by going into Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Update while the update is available.
    • All we ask in return is that you provide Motorola with feedback on the Motorola's Backflip Forum in this thread only.

For more update steps, view the document.

The official release notes will be available when the update is made available.

Note: This is not the Android 2.1 upgrade.

As a reminder, we ask you provide software preview feedback here in this thread on Motorola's Forums for those starting on System version 13.35 and on AT&T's Forums for those starting on System version 12.1199 until the software is available for all customers instead of calling AT&T or Motorola Customer Care. Once you've completed the update successfully, please post your feedback and questions here in this thread. We'll be monitoring for any issues.

Sincerely,

Mark
    Support Forums Manager

I already updated the other day when they were testing the release mechanism. I did install the log collector app and when the update (if I remember correctly) does give us the option to install later, so this should be feasible.

I've been trying since 6 AM PST, but no update at all...

Yeah, sounds like they are having technical difficulties or something see here:
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/t...art=0&tstart=0 and here:
    Motorola Backflip? with MOTOBLUR? Update Informati... - AT&T Wireless Community

I sure hope someone is able to capture this and that they are able to do something with it... I am at work as well, so I don't think there is much I can do.

Looks like it is up, I just started downloading

Unfortunately this is all I could get for you guys:

http://ws-cloud102-blur.svcmot.com:8...CmO&of=0&ssl=0

Seems to be encrypted. I don't know how to capture packets so I couldn't try to grab the update.zip that way. What's interesting is that my phone was running 13.35 and the URL it got contains 13.35 as you can see there. It downloaded the correct update though, my phone confirms that it's the 13.37 update that it downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by met3ora View Post
    Unfortunately this is all I could get for you guys:

http://ws-cloud102-blur.svcmot.com:8...CmO&of=0&ssl=0

Seems to be encrypted. I don't know how to capture packets so I couldn't try to grab the update.zip that way. What's interesting is that my phone was running 13.35 and the URL it got contains 13.35 as you can see there. It downloaded the correct update though, my phone confirms that it's the 13.37 update that it downloaded.
    Thanks for trying. I tried to get it on my phone but it never showed up. I tried on two 1199 backflips and they both got it, but I wasn't in a position to hook it up to my computer for an 'ADB logcat' or to install apps from their market.

O well it looks like we missed again. Maybe someone got it though....

Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    I wasn't in a position to hook it up to my computer for an 'ADB logcat' or to install apps from their market.
    Moose, im curious, did you receive the update? If so what if you format the phone? Are you forced to grab the updates again? If so maybe you can wait to do the update next time your at the PC?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links