13.35 nbf hex edit

This is a discussion on 13.35 nbf hex edit within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; There is loads of cool things in 13.35 hex edit. But look what I found... I'm new to Android, I'm new to rooting, but THAT ...

Thread: 13.35 nbf hex edit

13.35 nbf hex edit

There is loads of cool things in 13.35 hex edit.

But look what I found...

I'm new to Android, I'm new to rooting, but THAT to me looks like code. Code that you can add your own lines to via HEX. Code that is being run... by ROOT.

Maybe there's some way to just take complete control from that point forward and start doing whatever you want... flash your own ROM from there somehow. Just interrupt the current running code. Kill other threads and start off your own and load a different update into it with the newly gained root powers. Dunno.

I know for a fact that those are functions that get called during the update. If we merely make the functions do something else, maybe root is possible from there? Probably a tough road with high probability of brick. hehe

Or maybe I'm just an idiot clueless noob. Let me know lol

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I dont think hex will play a factor in rooting at all. The problem is we need the key in able to load altered source code in to the phone. Altering the source codes already done and ready to go. Its a matter of having the key to fool the phone in to thinking its official source code from moto being loaded.

On second thought, with the recent updates the source code may not be ready to go after all but i really dont think that an issue in anyway. The guys just need the time to to hack away at the source code again.

We don't even have an update.zip to edit

That's debugging. And the code is maybe ran by root but also signed.

I believe that if you hex edit that, it will break the signature and the handset won't accept the file afterwards.. I could be wrong, but I imagine this is the case. The files in the flash image are individually checksummed.

--W5i2

If they're checksummed then yes that completely breaks my idea. Oh well. I don't quite understand what this 'key' is.

I know it's necessary to run code but is it a one time execution of reading the key or is the key constantly re-checked? Or is the entire source code encrypted? Maybe I should look into another rooted device for a better understanding of this

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links