[Backflip] Root Bounty

This is a discussion on [Backflip] Root Bounty within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Has anybody found a way to explore the inner memory of the phone itself and not just the SD card?...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: [Backflip] Root Bounty

Has anybody found a way to explore the inner memory of the phone itself and not just the SD card?

Droid Explorer can be used to view some of the phones storage. Some of the directories require root access to view.

Okay is it just me, or is it weird that the backflip has gone so long without root that the phone seems almost untouchable? I figure if the devs were going to put a choke hold on any phone, it wouldn't be the backflip (Which with Motocrap, is a teenage girls dream phone) I don't really care if my phone streams stuff from myspace or twitter, I just want a fast phone that is customizable, and with all the bloatware on this thing, you'd figure the devs wouldn't have had time to lock the phone down as tight as it is.

Motorola has several phones with Motoblur. Even the new Droid X has Motoblur included. Motorola pretty much has the stance that they don't want people modifying the firmware or software on any of their phones. Part of the reason the Backflip it's gone so long without being rooted is because of the lack of interest in the phone by the devs and pretty much the rest of the Android community.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    Motorola has several phones with Motoblur. Even the new Droid X has Motoblur included. Motorola pretty much has the stance that they don't want people modifying the firmware or software on any of their phones. Part of the reason the Backflip it's gone so long without being rooted is because of the lack of interest in the phone by the devs and pretty much the rest of the Android community.
    Well I think the backflip would be amazing with root, I guess we just have to wait until someone does something, hopefully this phone won't fade away and be forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Zew View Post
    Well I think the backflip would be amazing with root, I guess we just have to wait until someone does something, hopefully this phone won't fade away and be forgotten
    To most devs, that is exactly what happened.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    To most devs, that is exactly what happened.
    He's right. I made one coment about having a backflip on another forum and was told:

Quote Originally Posted by DUKINS View Post
    No it can be rooted, its just that nobody cares about the backflip. Who has a bacflip anyway, I always thought of that phone has a girly phone lol.

It's like I said. Nobody gives two craps about this phone.

The Captive and Aria were rooted almost within minutes of the phone being released due to either manufacture-based exploits in their specific releases of Andoid, or just having 2.1. Either way, this phone is absolute garbage and it's not very hard to see why nobody wants to hack it and claim "I rooted a phone for money because nobody gives a **** about it."

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    If im not mistaken the Droid X does not have MotoBLur.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links