13.35 - No Picture Messages & SBF To 05.12 Failing

This is a discussion on 13.35 - No Picture Messages & SBF To 05.12 Failing within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Hey guys, I installed the modmymoto version of 13.35 to my backflip and now I noticed that I am not able to receive picture messages. ...

Thread: 13.35 - No Picture Messages & SBF To 05.12 Failing

13.35 - No Picture Messages & SBF To 05.12 Failing

Hey guys,

I installed the modmymoto version of 13.35 to my backflip and now I noticed that I am not able to receive picture messages. I figured it might be a fluke and reflashed. I was then able to receive picture messages, but then testing it a day later it would not work again. The phone just sits as if there was nothing to do. No alerts, messages, etc.

My first question is, has anyone else noticed this?

So after not wanting to sacrifice picture messages, I decided to revert. Loaded up RSD lite, detected the phone, picked the file, hit flash. It runs for a few seconds, creates files in the same directory as the flash file, then says Failed and RSD simply stops responding.

And second... any idea why this is?

TIA

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You cannot revert to an older bootloader with RSD lite.

I am on 1335 and i can pic msg no problem. http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...-tutorial.html I would try to reflash with that version. Many have used it and I havent heard of this being an issue. If that doesn't work try a reset.

Ahh, I see. I guess whoever said that I could was wrong.

Will give the no wipe upgrade a try soon if 13.37 doesn't come out by then.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by compywiz View Post
    Ahh, I see. I guess whoever said that I could was wrong.

Will give the no wipe upgrade a try soon if 13.37 doesn't come out by then.

Thanks
    I would also give 611 a call. Things go wrong all the time on carrier side of things. Have you looked at your APN settings and confirmed they are correct also?

Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    I would also give 611 a call. Things go wrong all the time on carrier side of things. Have you looked at your APN settings and confirmed they are correct also?
    Give 611 a call and do what? Not sure what to do from the menu.

I have not looked at the APN settings, nor do I know how / what to look for lol.

Sorry I'm new to all this.

Update: Flashed the no wipe version and did a reset. Waiting to see if this fixes it. First test MMS worked.

Quote Originally Posted by compywiz View Post
    Update: Flashed the no wipe version and did a reset. Waiting to see if this fixes it. First test MMS worked.
    Great!! Sorry I was so vague on that last post, but anyway glad you got it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by moosefist View Post
    Great!! Sorry I was so vague on that last post, but anyway glad you got it fixed.
    Well the MMS worked on the first try after a fresh install of the modmymoto one (full wipe), the true test is whether or not it works in a few days . I have my fingers crossed. I also noticed that I can't always view my older text messages, which someone else did have a problem with. Lets see if that goes away too...

Picture messages stopped working shortly after the flash of the no wipe version. Checked for updates on the phone and saw the new update out. OTA 13.37 just installed, had a friend send me a pic and I never got it. . This is really upsetting me, I miss my picture messages.

Sounds like a setup issue... call att support, or visit the store. I've had .1199 13.35 and 13.37 all installed on my phone and never had an issue receiving mms, except one picture that wouldn't open, but I blame the sender's ghettro pcs for that one

Alright I'll give them a call.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links