Please Explain

This is a discussion on Please Explain within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Before I start out, I want to put it out there that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to rooting, or ...

Thread: Please Explain

Please Explain

Before I start out, I want to put it out there that I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to rooting, or whatnot. The most I've ever done is install Android on an old HTC WinMo phone. I'm a graphics designer, not a developer, hacker, what-have-you.

I was messing around in ADB today, and I decided to pull some files from my backflip.

This got me thinking if there was some way we could pull the necessary information needed this way.

What are the required files we need exactly to gain root access?

And, I don't know if you guys have tried this, but I read somewhere about your phones not taking the update.zip because it hasn't been signed. I ran across an Auto-Signer that I used to edit pre-made APKs that will automatically sign the necessary files.

I don't know. I'm talking in circles.

I just want to be able to get these bloatware apps off.

Update - I noticed that when I pulled the /system folder from my backflip while I was using my Mac, it pulled every file, no exception. But when I used my Windows PC to pull the files, some of them were skipped. Maybe I was able to pull some useful files for you?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The problem isn't really not having access to the files, it's getting access to some exploit which would allow one to get root access on the phone.

Regarding key signing we need the the official keys from Motorola otherwise the phone won't accept the update package.

Is there a way we can pull the keys from previous updates?

So far no one has found the private keys. We have found some public keys, but they aren't useful for what is needed.

Hmph. Well I guess I'll start designing the GUI for whenever you guys can do this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links