Droid X Receives Root

This is a discussion on Droid X Receives Root within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Somewhere in the world a Motorola executive is cringing. Because no matter how protective corporations are of their phones, they are no match to the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Droid X Receives Root

dandroid

Droid X Receives Root

Somewhere in the world a Motorola executive is cringing. Because no matter how protective corporations are of their phones, they are no match to the clever folks in the Android dev community. In less than one week since launch, the Droid X had succumbed to the community, and root was achieved. Thanks to Birdman and others, the root method has been simplified for the average user with some ADB knowledge, and is now fully available for consumption. Basically, you will be running a hacked script, and then pushing su and SuperUser.apk via ADB.

Check out this thread for specific instructions and necessary files: We haz Rootz!

Source: Wuyanks, DroidXForums.com

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When the community is big enough and the motivation is there, any phone can be rooted.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Would a similar technique work on the Backflip? I figure Motorola probably stuck with the (then) winning formula...

See http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...loit-root.html and Local Privilege Escalation Found... They're trying to see if it will work for the Backflip.

Yeah. I was thinking that they queitly did the same thing they did to the Droid X to the Backflip and when they said it was on the X they were bragging about their success on the Backflip.

dandroid
    Not sure.. I posted the news hoping that it might though. I've asked a couple of guys I know to look into it.. so.. keep your fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    Would a similar technique work on the Backflip? I figure Motorola probably stuck with the (then) winning formula...

Instructions and file have been updated and are posted at ModMyMobile if anyone is feeling froggy and want to give it a try.

Fingers are still crossed.

It's looking like it's a bust. Isn't looking like this will not work on the Backflip.

Sigh.

Back to the drawing board...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links