Extra (DISPOSABLE) Backflip on Hand... Let's root this sucker...

This is a discussion on Extra (DISPOSABLE) Backflip on Hand... Let's root this sucker... within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; So, long story short my backflip hung at boot up on me today. I tried flashing 13.37 manually, but it wouldn't work so... thought this ...

Thread: Extra (DISPOSABLE) Backflip on Hand... Let's root this sucker...

Extra (DISPOSABLE) Backflip on Hand... Let's root this sucker...

So, long story short my backflip hung at boot up on me today. I tried flashing 13.37 manually, but it wouldn't work so... thought this was a perfect opportunity to go whine and complain and get either an Aria (long shot) or at least a brand new phone. They removed battery, SD card, SIM, everything, said hmmm... and then wouldn't give me an Aria. So i have a new backflip on the way.

When i got home, i hooked the phone up to my computer, tried to flash 13.37 again and it failed, again. So, seeing as I already have a new phone on the way, I tried to get into recovery mode. It worked... I then did a data wipe/factory reset, and it too worked... I just signed into my motoblur account, and sure enough, phone works fine, still on 13.37 though...

I've got a "bricked" phone, that still works, that i don't care if i brick... the possibilities...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by norcalsfinest View Post
    So, long story short my backflip hung at boot up on me today. I tried flashing 13.37 manually, but it wouldn't work so... thought this was a perfect opportunity to go whine and complain and get either an Aria (long shot) or at least a brand new phone. They removed battery, SD card, SIM, everything, said hmmm... and then wouldn't give me an Aria. So i have a new backflip on the way.

When i got home, i hooked the phone up to my computer, tried to flash 13.37 again and it failed, again. So, seeing as I already have a new phone on the way, I tried to get into recovery mode. It worked... I then did a data wipe/factory reset, and it too worked... I just signed into my motoblur account, and sure enough, phone works fine, still on 13.37 though...

I've got a "bricked" phone, that still works, that i don't care if i brick... the possibilities...
    If you claimed it under warranty, they will expect you to return the handset with the return label in the box with your replacement. If you do not return it i can assure att will stick the cost of the device onto your bill...

I mean I have until then to try whatever on it. Anyone have any ideas they need a guinea pug for? I won't have the new one for 3 days because its being sent to my other house up north by mistake (i.e. I forgot to specify)

The problem isn't backflips to test, it's exploits to test on the backflip.

Yeah, like gir489 said, the problem is that there isn't anything to try atm.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I b0rked my bootloader trying to flash from 13.37 back down to 13.35 (which does not work) - so I RMA'd with AT&T and they sent me a new Backflip, but they also sent a return mailer and labels in the box, along with a warning that if I didn't send the unit back within 10 days, or if it sustained further non-warranty damage between the day I RMA'd and the day they receive the old handset, I would be charged a $210 processing fee.

This may be the case with your handset as well, if you got it replaced under warranty..

(The irony is that I have received my replacement already, and I don't even use it at the moment because I'm enjoying my slower, non-3G, crap-camera G1 because it IS rooted with CM5.0.8 and I CAN actually do stuff on it!)

--W5i2

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links