2.1 Possibilities.

This is a discussion on 2.1 Possibilities. within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Has anyone considered the fact that rooting this phone might be significantly easier once 2.1 is released for the backflip. Judging by how long 1.5 ...

Thread: 2.1 Possibilities.

2.1 Possibilities.

Has anyone considered the fact that rooting this phone might be significantly easier once 2.1 is released for the backflip.

Judging by how long 1.5 has been out and the number of existing exploits tried on this platform that have obviously been remedied, comparing that to the current lifetime of 2.1 which is significantly shorter; is it not possible that if we are all just a little more patient with Motorola that we might be able to obtain root on the 2.1 Platform?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Definitely possible. Assuming by the time Motorola releases 2.1 it is not as obsoleted as 1.5 is now, that is. :P

From what I understand the 2.1/2.2 family is going to remain the standard among the low/mid end android devices. The new android 3.0 is going to be geared for high end devices.

I doubt we will be seeing an obsolescence in android 2.1 any time soon, at least not until these devices are considered obsolete. (Near Future?)

2.1 is being faded out by 2.2 already.

Then gingerbread will be out, but by that time the bootloader should be cracked.

Well, I don't want to say that. That's what they said about getting root on this phone. The Droid X has the same bootloader, so maybe when they crack the Droid X's bootloader the backflip will be rooted.

But that's what they also said with root.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links