Don't give up!!!

This is a discussion on Don't give up!!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; They're not making any money on it. In fact, I think they're loosing money because now they have to sell the phone as a used ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't give up!!!

They're not making any money on it.

In fact, I think they're loosing money because now they have to sell the phone as a used phone. It was an AT&T Store.

And how are they losing money? You agreed to pay $159 for another phone. You turn in your Backflip (which I'm presuming you paid something for already) and they then get to resell the Backflip as a refurb, making money again for it.

Anyway, again, hope you like your new phone.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I did the same I went back to the AT&T store and I got the Captivate on the very line I activated it on back in April when I got my Backflip and I just had to pay an extra $75 for the Captivate. I kept my Backflip though, I still like it very much and I am still checking on the forums and waiting for 2.1, (if that ever happens). The Backflip is a solid phone, but I am enjoying my Captivate as well, I still prefer typing on the Backflip, the keyboard is just one of the best keyboards I have ever used on an phone.

Do you mind sharing how you managed to get the Captivate for $75 AFTER the 30 day window? My wife has had it with the limitations of the Backflip and has been eying my N1. Hell I'd get her an Aria if thats all they'd allow but she IS NOT getting my Nexus One.

Ikr almost tempted to call the store and see what they say

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

I called the AT&T customer service line first and spoke with a representative, I explained what I was hoping to happen. She told me that it depended on the AT&T store, but most stores would allow me to do an early upgrade for a charge of $75 on top of the price of a new phone at the upgrade price. This being said, the store went ahead and told me that they can do this, but the line in question must have been activated for at least 6 months, mine was not. I guess I got a nice store manager or something because he did it anyway and I got to keep my unlimited data plan to boot. All I can say is, it is worth a shot, btu I would call the support rep line first and make sure to get the persons name that you spoke with and use that as some ammunition. I wish you all the luck, I am so much more happy now with my captivate.

Oh, so you are saying it was $75 on top of the $200 normal with-contract price, right? Still a pretty good deal considering they are selling for $400 on ebay.

Yes, plus I got to keep my unlimited data plan, so the $75 was not a big deal for me. I would have paid more for this phone, it is amazing. I am running the European Rom on it now...I just cant seem to stop tinkering with it. But like I said, it is worth a shot and if you don't mind paying the extra $75, it should work out for you guys too. If one store says no, just try another store, Don't give up! Good luck! You will be pleased with it, I know I am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links