Don't give up!!!

This is a discussion on Don't give up!!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; It really seems like this section has died off in recent weeks... Whats going on? Any news? Any one smash their phone with a hammer ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't give up!!!

Don't give up!!!

It really seems like this section has died off in recent weeks... Whats going on? Any news? Any one smash their phone with a hammer yet?

Don't give up guys... lets root this bastard.:iphone:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm not sure about everyone else, but my progress has been halted for the last week by a hard-drive crash, and the week before that by some unpredictable behavior from a certain system service. I should be back up by the end of the weekend, but it might be a while still before I get this thing working (if my route really works at all.) So far, it's shown great potential; but it's hard to control, so I have no idea when it will be ready- if at all. Your hopes might be better saved for when 2.1 comes out.

What I want to know is if anyone else out there is still messing with exploid. I'd like to compare results so far with anyone that's taken a serious look into it.

I really hate this phone.

It's the worst phone I've ever had, and that's saying a lot since I've had cellphones since the DynaTAC.

I'm currently trying to get a Captivate or the GSM Droid.

I'd love to help in any way I can. But I'm new to a lot of this. but give me whatever tools, files, info and I'll learn on the spot. I'm tired of seeing everyone with the things we can't have.

Quote Originally Posted by gir489 View Post
    I really hate this phone.

It's the worst phone I've ever had, and that's saying a lot since I've had cellphones since the DynaTAC.

I'm currently trying to get a Captivate or the GSM Droid.
    That deal through amazon for the captivate looks amazing... im trying really hard not to just dump this thing as well... For 100 bucks get a phone that already has root and so many of the features that i really wanted in an android phone... sounds to good to be true. My wife has verizon and is stoked with her droid... if you can get a Milestone that works on att then more power to you. i believe the Telus milestone is the one you are looking for.

Yeah, I just saw the ad for the amazon offer on my backflip. My home computer uses HostsMan and blocks 98% of ads I see. The ones it mises, I just block with Opera. The GSM Milestone is 500 but the Captivate is 100 if there's no contractual obligation as I just got this phone. The captivate also has multitouch and a 1ghrtz processor. I think the backflip is only 500Mhrtz or some **** like that.

EDIT: No. It requires the upgrade eligibility crap.

I got the captivate. Posting from it now. It's so much better than the backflip! Goodluck with the root.

Must be nice.

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

I was only 3 days off from my 30 day grace period and the guy behind the counter shared my pain, as I told him how much of a pain in the ass it was to find the 1.5 SDK and write apps for it. I had to pay 159 up front for the phone, but I said "OK" before he even said an amount. He said the blackflip is worst android phone they carry and that's saying a lot.

This phone is 1000x better than the backflip. The screen is so huge, the touchscreen keyboard is actually bigger than the backflip's keyboard and I type 2x faster and a little bit more accurate on it. I still mess up, but I messed up way more on the backflip.

From this point on, the backflip was just a bad dream if you ask me.

I'm sure the guy behind the counter would have told you anything to get you to shell out more money for another phone. Also, you don't mention whether this was a ATT store, or just a reseller like Best Buy or Wal-Mart.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your new phone.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links