I'm about to give up.

This is a discussion on I'm about to give up. within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; My phone lags, is it just 1.5 or will 2.1 be much better?(if it ever happens) Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk...

Thread: I'm about to give up.

I'm about to give up.

My phone lags, is it just 1.5 or will 2.1 be much better?(if it ever happens)

Sent from my MB300 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

How long have you had it? After 4 months of installing/uninstalling programs, etc., mine got really laggy too. The first thing I did was go back to the stock home screen, and uninstall all the apps I didn't need. That definitely helped, but wasn't enough.

I then did a factory reset, which REALLY fixed it. Motoblur automatically backs up contacts and the market had all my previous apps under "Downloads", so the only pain was changing all the settings to what I had before. You should try it.

I will give it a shot thanks

If you can, change it for a Captivate!!!

The phone is slow because of the AT&T nonsense + a slow processor.

Quote Originally Posted by gir489 View Post
    If you can, change it for a Captivate!!!

The phone is slow because of the AT&T nonsense + a slow processor.
    That's not really true. There isn't any "AT&T nonsense" that is slowing down the phone. Yes, there are preloaded apps, but they aren't really doing anything other than taking up storage space. They aren't slowing the phone down. As to the processor, yes there are other phones out there with faster processors, but there are also phones out there with slower. The CPU should be fast enough for most tasks.

Hopefully once 2.1 arrives for the Backflip it will bring some performance improvements, if you are willing to wait for it to arrive. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before its here.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Also, Advanced Task Killer seems to slow down my phone a lot. I don't have concrete proof, but a very strong feeling.

There's a lot of AT&T nonsense running.

Set Advanced Task Killer Pro security to 'Low' and take a look at all the uncessary background services that are running! And you can't keep them dead! They just come back after you kill them.

ATKP's daemon only takes at most 12K of ram when on auto kill. When you have auto kill set to off, it only does something when you activate the widget or load the program. Otherwise it goes to sleep.

All phones have built in processes which need to run. That's like trying to kill explorer.exe in Windows. It's a necessary component for it to function. The "ATT bloatware" doesn't really run. Some of them will launch when the phone is rebooted, but usually go away after a few minutes. Regardless, they aren't actually doing anything other than sitting in memory, which Android will free up when the memory is needed.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Advanced Teak Manager is a much better task managing app in my opinion' but sometimes even just restarting the phone makes it more responsive. Similar to restarting a computer that's been on for a long time.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links