Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Sorry guys, this is my first time trying this and after the reboot, my phone is the same as before. It shows as 1.5 in ...

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Sorry guys, this is my first time trying this and after the reboot, my phone is the same as before. It shows as 1.5 in "About Phone>firmware version".

To be precise, I didn't understand what you meant by "follow the steps from the original method up to here." They both looked similar so I just picked it up from your "cd c:\tools folder" part. Oh and I included the busybox part.
    Everything went ok until I got to "adb push Superuser...". I got can't locate file. Closed that terminal and opened another one from the tools folder and ran the Set Path=%Path%;%cd% and also copied the contents of the Moto_MSM_Root to the tools folder. That turned out ok as well.
    On the part that says -[...], I didn't know what to do so I skipped that line and continued to the next line.
    On "And push ootc.sh, too", I got access denied.
    So I typed exit at the $ and ended back at C:\SKD\tools folder and ran the push ootc.sh as you can see in the picture.
    Should that line be done before -[..] ?

Name:  root.JPG
Views: 151
Size:  58.7 KB

Unplugged and rebooted the phone and to fastforward got to the Forked #### childs part.
    After I ran cd/data/local/tmp and sh ootc.sh, I rebooted and am back to 1.5. Is there anything else I'm supposed to do afterwards? Can't wait to get this rooted.

Thanks for the help.

Folks it's 4:20 in the morning and still awake.
    Please see my previous post. I was bummed that nothing happened and my wife woke up to see why I'm still hacking away. So went to youtube and watched a short video on how to tell if everything worked out. I went to the terminal emulator, typed su and a window came up asking to allow or deny superuser!!!!
    I left the checkmark on and chose allow and ended up with a #. There is also a Superuser icon in the apps folder. Is this good? Feeling much better.

I'm browsing the contents of the sdcard and can't find /system/recovery.img. I did this before I rebooted. Per Skrilax_CZ to get rid of this before you do a flash which I know nothing about.
    What is the purpose of the j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1.img for? Will this file help me get to 2.1?
    If say I do get to 2.1 and decide to get a bigger sd card, can I just toss the old sd card and my newly rooted backflip still run happy? I guess my next step is to backup this 1.5 before the upgrade which I still have yet to learn.

OK, time to sleep and hopefully be on Android 2.1 today before brunch.

Quote Originally Posted by watatek View Post
    Please see my previous post. I was bummed that nothing happened and my wife woke up to see why I'm still hacking away. So went to youtube and watched a short video on how to tell if everything worked out. I went to the terminal emulator, typed su and a window came up asking to allow or deny superuser!!!!
    I left the checkmark on and chose allow and ended up with a #. There is also a Superuser icon in the apps folder. Is this good? Feeling much better.

I'm browsing the contents of the sdcard and can't find /system/recovery.img. I did this before I rebooted. Per Skrilax_CZ to get rid of this before you do a flash which I know nothing about.
    What is the purpose of the j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1.img for? Will this file help me get to 2.1?
    If say I do get to 2.1 and decide to get a bigger sd card, can I just toss the old sd card and my newly rooted backflip still run happy? I guess my next step is to backup this 1.5 before the upgrade which I still have yet to learn.

Sounds like you've got root all set up.
    By the time I went to sleep yesterday there was no rom available, just rumor of trying out the 2.1 rom for the motorola cliq. You may want to wait a little 'till the process is worked out.
    See the other threads under "Backflip Development and Hacking" or go to the modmymobile forums to see what you can do in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by watatek View Post

Congrats. you are rooted. The /system/recovery.img is on the phone itself not the sd card. so you need an app like Root Explorer to get to it. j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1 is a useful recovery that allows you to do a full nandroid backup and fix permissions, which should result in less FCs

hey when it says change connection to pc mode does it mean usb drive or charge only

Quote Originally Posted by 98slowstang View Post
    hey when it says change connection to pc mode does it mean usb drive or charge only
    Charge only. I did the other and it gave me problems.

THANKS for the replies and helping me root the phone first of all !!!!

@iTylerA
    I think I understand you on the Root Explorer part.
    So download/install it then delete the /system/recovery.img when necessary?

Sorry, I'm lost on this .img stuff.
    I downloaded the Custom Recovery j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1.img but when/what am I to do with it?
    Is the .img the rom?
    What's do you mean by FC?

sorry thx for anwsering my last question just one more hopefully when it says Download "Better Terminal Emulator" or "Terminal Emulator" or "ConnectBot" (I myself prefer ConnectBot - to open shell console there, just pick in the combobox "local", type any name into the editbox, and press enter) from the Market. i download those programs on my phone from the market or on the computer

Personally I didn't delete mine, just took it off the phone. The img is not a rpm, j just a recovery do you can do a nandroid backup of your phone. FC is force close. The instructions are pretty clear.

Adb push it to the sd card
    flash recovery in adb or terminal emulator
    reboot recovery.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by 98slowstang View Post
    sorry thx for anwsering my last question just one more hopefully when it says Download "Better Terminal Emulator" or "Terminal Emulator" or "ConnectBot" (I myself prefer ConnectBot - to open shell console there, just pick in the combobox "local", type any name into the editbox, and press enter) from the Market. i download those programs on my phone from the market or on the computer
    From the market for terminal emulator
    Better terminal emulator is a paid app so I did it from the computer
    Idk about connect bot.
    They all are programs for the phone though

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links