Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by 98slowstang sorry thx for anwsering my last question just one more hopefully when it says Download "Better Terminal Emulator" or "Terminal Emulator" ...

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Quote Originally Posted by 98slowstang View Post
    sorry thx for anwsering my last question just one more hopefully when it says Download "Better Terminal Emulator" or "Terminal Emulator" or "ConnectBot" (I myself prefer ConnectBot - to open shell console there, just pick in the combobox "local", type any name into the editbox, and press enter) from the Market. i download those programs on my phone from the market or on the computer
    From the market on your phone...

okay i have done that and typed in the two commands and it is saying adb connnection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login what should i do

and know i tapped my phone so it wouldent go to lock screen and when it did it typed in a command on its own and brought up a another $ i deleted the command but i cant delete the $ what should i do

** LOL nvm i just left it and i got the forked 2030 childs command all done and rooted sorry lol

Congrats on rooting

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

OK, so I was wondering... Pretend I root successfully, only use it to install root-required apps and backup, and don't mess around with Motoblur any or delete any at&t apps. When the 2.1 upgrade comes out, will it not allow me to receive the OTA upgrade? Will the only way to upgrade be to place it on the sd card and boot the backflip in recovery mode and select the 'apply sd card update' option or whatever it says? Or is there a way to unroot and then receive the upgrade automatically?

And one more important question. So... can I root, but keep the stock OS and it'll still work fine? With no need to use any custom roms or anything? So everything will be just like before, except the fact that I have root access?

Don't know about the OTA update, but personally I don't want want whatever Motorola/ATT dish out. I'll stick to 1.5 with my tasty root access until one of the brilliant members of the Android community provide us with some updated kernel ROMs. Gotta say, I love my Backflip a LOT more now. Even being smaller and not as powerful as some of the newer phones, it's a great little piece of engineering (hardware keyboard is freaking awesome on this phone).

I tougth I would never see my backflip rooted, thnsk a lot!

windows 7

does this work on windows 7 cause i cant get it to show up my phone on adb...

Yes, works fine on Windows 7. Make sure you enabled the option on the phone to allow USB debugging.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbagjones View Post
    Yes, works fine on Windows 7. Make sure you enabled the option on the phone to allow USB debugging.
    i am...

With your phone hooked up to the comp, what happens when you run "adb devices" at the command prompt?

Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links