Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; ahhh this is annoying me soo much. I've done all of the push directions right, but when I type in adb shell I keep getting ...

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 361

Thread: Backflip root!!

  1. #161
    Junior Member LostSymphonies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3
    ahhh this is annoying me soo much. I've done all of the push directions right, but when I type in adb shell I keep getting the $. how do I get past this? I've been searching like crazy for help.

  2. #162
    Android Jr Member amingv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    As far as I could tell, everything worked, and I did have root. When I type su into the terminal, it just puts me to a new line with the $ in front. No #, and no root.
    I should have just asked this on my first reply, but, do you have a Superuser app in the menu?
    It really sounds to me like the ootc.sh step failed for one reason or another, can you try repushing all the files to the sdcard and try doing it again? Also make sure your phone is not connected as an usb drive while running that step (not conected at all is best).
    Report back with any problems you may encounter.

  3. #163
    Junior Member Hydromea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    So... Does anyone have any info on enabling installation of non-market apps? And enabling Google Search?

  4. #164
    Junior Member GeorgeMurango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    22
    I do have a superuser app. I can open it, and it shows the three categories, but the first two are completely empty even though I have downloaded two or three apps that use root. I have never seen an app ask for root permissions. I have done the ootc step over a few times, and it seems to work, but then I leave the terminal and nothing seems to have changed.

  5. #165
    Junior Member mattyonesix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    13
    Ok I'm a noob when it comes to rooting.

    Could anyone post a "tutorial" for noobs. A step by step guide to rooting your phone, which includes the programs that you need in order to successfully root the phone.
    After rooting my phone, what apps should I have and what at&t crapware I should get rid of.

    I know I'm asking a lot, but I would really like to have "full control" over my backflip.

  6. #166
    Android Jr Member amingv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    I do have a superuser app. I can open it, and it shows the three categories, but the first two are completely empty even though I have downloaded two or three apps that use root. I have never seen an app ask for root permissions. I have done the ootc step over a few times, and it seems to work, but then I leave the terminal and nothing seems to have changed.
    When you said you lose root after you reboot, what exactly did you mean? Can you use su before you reboot? As for when you run su after the reboot, does it come up with any error or message before the newline?
    Would you mind telling me what you get when you run this command in adb shell?
    Code:
    ls -l /system/xbin/su
    Sorry for asking all these questions that seem to go nowhere, but I've been trying stuff on my phone for over an hour and I just can't seem to find a scenario that matches your situation and that might give me a clue about what's going on.

  7. #167
    Junior Member kbdrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by rht_rv View Post
    just one question: how do i get wifi tether to work, there is no version listed for the Backflip(obviously) and and i downloded all the 1.5 versions and none of them worked. am i missing something?
    Already checked myself cause that was the main reason I wanted root.

    iptables are not compiled into the stock kernel and that is needed for the WiFi tethering apps.

    Going to have to wait for the custom ROMs or build one yourself if you know what you are doing.

    I can actually get Barnacle to show up on my PC but as soon as I connect to it it dies on the phone... Go figure.

  8. #168
    Super Moderator Dorian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    between 850-1900MHz
    Posts
    885
    Thanked
    71 times
    Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Finally. So the first time I got root, my GSM radio stopped working. So I re-flashed the device with the stock 13.37 firmware, and the radio came back. So now I'm rooted with a nandroid backup, made with the alternate bootloader. Nice work guys! I didn't think I'd ever get root on my backflip! Now to get rid of the AT&T crap.

  9. #169
    Senior Member Emcee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdrox View Post
    Already checked myself cause that was the main reason I wanted root.

    iptables are not compiled into the stock kernel and that is needed for the WiFi tethering apps.

    Going to have to wait for the custom ROMs or build one yourself if you know what you are doing.

    I can actually get Barnacle to show up on my PC but as soon as I connect to it it dies on the phone... Go figure.
    No, you can, you just have to download EasyTether or PDAnet from the market. In order to do that, you have to remove your sim card and connect to the market via wifi.

    Trust me, I've tested it with my laptop and it works.

    EDIT: Wow, wifi tether. Sorry, misread.

  10. #170
    Junior Member kbdrox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Emcee View Post
    No, you can, you just have to download EasyTether or PDAnet from the market. In order to do that, you have to remove your sim card and connect to the market via wifi.

    Trust me, I've tested it with my laptop and it works.

    EDIT: Wow, wifi tether. Sorry, misread.
    Yeah... USB tether is worthless for my needs. But alas! This has encouraged me to to roll up my sleeves and learn how to build my own ROMs.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

backflip root

,
how do you jailbreak at&t backflip
,

how to root backflip

,
how to root the backflip
,
jailbreak an att backflip
,
jailbreak motorola backflip phone
,
motorolla m300 anroid root
,
ootc sh download
,

ootc.sh download

,

root backflip

,
root backflip permission denied
,
root for backflip
,
rooted backflip
,

rooting backflip

,
sh ootc.sh operation no permitted
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum