Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango HOLY CRAP my overclock widget just asked for superuser permissions! I think it worked! Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I had ...

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    HOLY CRAP my overclock widget just asked for superuser permissions! I think it worked!
    Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I had to run to my class and just got out. Great that you could sort it out

Thanks for all the help!

And now it seems I can no longer connect to att's 3G network. I am afraid I may have deleted something important, but I was very careful to only delete some of the att crapware, such as the radio and the two map applications. Does anyone else know why this might be happening?

EDIT:
    I can't see or connect to 3G or gps. However, edge and Wifi work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by amingv View Post
    Sorry I didn't answer earlier. I had to run to my class and just got out. Great that you could sort it out
    I also installed the Overclock Widget and it works here too. I set it for the highest speed and I knew it was working because it was warmer after about 30 minutes (I have since toned it down, especially when idle...). When you start it, it is granted root.

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 via Tapatalk

And now it seems I can no longer connect to att's 3G network. I am afraid I may have deleted something important, but I was very careful to only delete some of the att crapware, such as the radio and the two map applications. Does anyone else know why this might be happening?

EDIT:
    Which are all the files you removed? Did you make a backup of them?
    Also try going to Menu>Settings>Wireless controls>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names
    Then hit menu and hit "Reset to default" and see if that helps.

EDIT:
    find out how to unroot it, see if it 3G works. if it doesnt take it to AT&T. delete the Superuser app so they know it isnt rooted.

man I would love to try this some more but it seems nearly impossible to understand :-( guess i'll try later

The reset to default worked! I have 3G. Let's see if i can figure out the GPS...

EDIT: So it shouldn't have anything to do with the files I deleted. But they were only the att radio, att maps, and att sport gps. All were apk files. That's it.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    The reset to default worked! I have 3G. Let's see if i can figure out the GPS...

EDIT: So it shouldn't have anything to do with the files I deleted. But they were only the att radio, att maps, and att sport gps. All were apk files. That's it.
    I had issues with the radio too, but after saving all my stuff to SD, I restored it with the OEM 13.37 image. After that, I rooted my device, and all has been fine since. IMO, before rooting, I like to start with a clean slate with a fresh restore. It always makes things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I had issues with the radio too, but after saving all my stuff to SD, I restored it with the OEM 13.37 image. After that, I rooted my device, and all has been fine since. IMO, before rooting, I like to start with a clean slate with a fresh restore. It always makes things easier.
    What issues did you have?

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links