Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango What issues did you have? Well, I lost 3G, then it all went away. Reboot after reboot, it would always come ...

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    What issues did you have?
    Well, I lost 3G, then it all went away. Reboot after reboot, it would always come back with the no signal sign. I went into Airplane Mode, then tried taking it out of Airplane Mode and it just sat there saying "Turning On" with nothing ever happening. Restoring it, then re-rooting fixed it all.

How did you restore it? I tried earlier today, but the program I used that was supposed to reflash my backflip wouldn't recognize it, and so I stopped trying.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    How did you restore it? I tried earlier today, but the program I used that was supposed to reflash my backflip wouldn't recognize it, and so I stopped trying.
    RSD Lite won't recognize a phone to flash to unless the device is booted into USB recovery mode.

First, download RSD Lite 4.7. Then after that's installed, download the 13.37 restore image... After that's done downloading, start RSD Lite and point it to the image file. Now, take your backflip and turn it off. Open the keyboard and press J+D+Power, and hold it there for a sec until you get the blue and black batwings. It should say something like USB init mode in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Now connect it to your computer and let Windows install the MSM720x recovery driver. After it's installed the new driver, look in RSD Lite and press Show Devices. It may auto detect it, but it'll be listed in the table. Now just hit Start, and it will flash your device back OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    RSD Lite won't recognize a phone to flash to unless the device is booted into USB recovery mode.

First, download RSD Lite 4.7. Then after that's installed, download the 13.37 restore image... After that's done downloading, start RSD Lite and point it to the image file. Now, take your backflip and turn it off. Open the keyboard and press J+D+Power, and hold it there for a sec until you get the blue and black batwings. It should say something like USB init mode in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Now connect it to your computer and let Windows install the MSM720x recovery driver. After it's installed the new driver, look in RSD Lite and press Show Devices. It may auto detect it, but it'll be listed in the table. Now just hit Start, and it will flash your device back OEM.
    Dorian...
    The 13.37 image can be downloaded, from where?
    Is that an untouched pristine image?
    Are you talking about the recovery.img that you pull out of the phone after rooting it?
    If you have a link can you post it?
    Thanks..

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by watatek View Post
    Dorian...
    The 13.37 image can be downloaded, from where?
    Is that an untouched pristine image?
    Are you talking about the recovery.img that you pull out of the phone after rooting it?
    If you have a link can you post it?
    Thanks..
    Here's the link to the 13.37 image. It's untouched, and 100% clean OEM. The recovery.img is the bootloader. The linked file is a .sbf. I'm actually writing up a thread with instructions on how this is done step-by-step, and it will be up in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Here's the link to the 13.37 image. It's untouched, and 100% clean OEM. The recovery.img is the bootloader. The linked file is a .sbf. I'm actually writing up a thread with instructions on how this is done step-by-step, and it will be up in a minute.
    Dorian,

I'm just trying to get my facts straight.
    1. the recovery.img that you're suppose to save then delete out of the phone before you do a nandroid backup is the bootloader?
    2. The 13.37 image that you're posting is the same image installed when you do a "force data reset" to bring the phone back to the original state?

Thanks.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Dorian,

I'm just trying to get my facts straight.
    1. the recovery.img that you're suppose to save then delete out of the phone before you do a nandroid backup is the bootloader?
    2. The 13.37 image that you're posting is the same image installed when you do a "force data reset" to bring the phone back to the original state?

Thanks.
    Well, here's the order root is supposed to go in...
    Take your device that's been successfully rooted, and follow the instructions on how to get rid of the old recovery.img and install the new modified one named: j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1 <--- that is available in the development section here. Basically it's a replacement bootloader for doing nandroid backups/restore, fixing permissions, etc. Also, you can only replace the bootloader recovery image once the phone has been rooted, as normally, you wouldn't have access to any of that.
    Now that you are rooted and have replaced your bootloader, make a nandroid backup to your SD card... then feel free to do what you feel comfortable doing, as you have a backup you can always come back to on your SD card.

Dorian...

Got you so far.
    So is a newbie screws up the rooting or basically screws up their phone, have no nandroid backup or any backup, can they use this 13.37 image with the RSD Lite software to bring their phone back to original state?

Thanks.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Dorian...

Got you so far.
    So is a newbie screws up the rooting or basically screws up their phone, have no nandroid backup or any backup, can they use this 13.37 image with the RSD Lite software to bring their phone back to original state?

Thanks.
    Absolutely.

So long as they are on a carrier for which the .sbf has been captured. There is a user on M3 who bricked their phone on Telus which does not have the .sbf captured so this would not work in that case.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links