Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; jmgib.. Could you please elaborate on that M3 incident. So you're saying the carrier never released such sbf file for it's customers and this particular ...

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

jmgib..

Could you please elaborate on that M3 incident.
    So you're saying the carrier never released such sbf file for it's customers and this particular user got a hold of it from somewhere else
    and ran it on his phone which rendered his phone useless? So it's carrier specific?
    If that is the case what carrier or where did this sbf file that is made to us available from?

Thanks.

The firmwares are specific to each carrier. Some of them can be flashed across carriers depending on how well the requirements are. If you are interested in seeing what happened, you can view it here. Basically though the firmwares have to be captured and provided to the community. Thus far I am not aware of a Telus .sbf that has been made available.

This is why it is very important if you are going to modify your phone and remove things that you do a proper Nandroid so that you can recover if things go south. Also, if you do not understand what you are doing, I'd suggest that you wait until things have been ironed out better and things are safer.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Cool. Thanks.

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    So long as they are on a carrier for which the .sbf has been captured. There is a user on M3 who bricked their phone on Telus which does not have the .sbf captured so this would not work in that case.
    Completely forgot to mention that... thanks!

I tried following Dorian's instructions to reimage the phone using the "stock" 13.37 file, but it fails with an error that states:
    "Failed flashing process. Phone [0000] Unable to retrieve initialization files from INI file. (0x7029)

Help?

UPDATE: I ended up having to use RSD 4.5.7 after trying many versions. My phone finally was successfully restored to factory specification!! WOOHOO!!!

I think im making some progress but once I get to the ootc.sh part I get what you see below

adb push ootc.sh /data/local/tmp/ootc.sh
    adb: permission denied
    $

im not sure to what exactly it is that I did wrong...... any help would be great im know im close i can just feel it lol
    thanks in advance

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by broggyr View Post
    I tried following Dorian's instructions to reimage the phone using the "stock" 13.37 file, but it fails with an error that states:
    "Failed flashing process. Phone [0000] Unable to retrieve initialization files from INI file. (0x7029)

Help?

UPDATE: I ended up having to use RSD 4.5.7 after trying many versions. My phone finally was successfully restored to factory specification!! WOOHOO!!!
    I'll have to put that in the guide So, 4.7 didn't work? What version of Windows are you running?

A quick thanks to Dorian for all the help. I have reflashed, I have root, and everything is going good. But after screwing things up the first time, I'm gonna be on the cautious side. DOes anyone know which ATT apps are safe to remove and which are not?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMurango View Post
    A quick thanks to Dorian for all the help. I have reflashed, I have root, and everything is going good. But after screwing things up the first time, I'm gonna be on the cautious side. DOes anyone know which ATT apps are safe to remove and which are not?
    If you have ROOT, and a clean restore, make sure to not forget a nandroid backup before doing anything like deleting stuff.

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links