Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I think I finally rooted my phone using skrilax's method which seemed easier for me...... but how can I tell if its been rooted??...

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

I think I finally rooted my phone using skrilax's method which seemed easier for me...... but how can I tell if its been rooted??

go into your terminal emulator and type su
    if youre rooted it will ask for superuser access(i think i cant remember lol) then give you a #

yup im rooted then lol thanks

Hi this is my first reply on here ever. I just wanted to say after a countless number of hours of trying to root the Backflip i finally got it!!! This is the way that i got it to work .

- this is the link for the moto drivers and sdk files if you dont already have em:
    xda-developers
    - this is the link for root files: (dont forget these)
    ModMyMobile Forums - Downloads - ROOT (Backflip, Cliq XT, Cliq, Dext)
    - now unzip the files onto your desktop. then move the files to a folder on c drive. name it moto_msm_root.
    - connect your phone through usb. Make sure debugging is turned on. When you connect your phone choose charge only.
    - open command prompt (start menu search -cmd)
    -now these codes are what your going to type into the cmd prompt. (hit enter after each code also you can copy and paste to save you the time typing)

- cd c:\Moto_MSM_Root/tools
    - adb devices (to verify the connection)
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\su /sdcard/su
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\install-root.sh /data/local/tmp/install-root.sh
    - adb shell
    - cd /data/local/tmp
    - chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - chmod 0755 install-root.sh
    - now you download connectbot from the android market. open that up on your phone and type the codes:
    - cd /data/local/tmp (leave space between cd and /data)
    - ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - then if you get [+] forked xxxx childs (need to wait a tiny bit) you wanna press enter on yur phone them type exit to exit connectbot.
    - now open the connect bot again if it shows up as a black screen press the menu button and forseclose. then open up connect bot again and it should work if lnot then reboot your phone.
    - now when you get the # sign type this code in:
    /data/local/tmp/install-root.sh (if the script prints nothing, then it was successful)

- you have now succesfully rooted yur motorola backflip!!!!
    - i have come across every error while doing this root so if you have any questions or problems feel free to ask and i will try my best to help you GOOD LUCK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeper1989 View Post
    Hi this is my first reply on here ever. I just wanted to say after a countless number of hours of trying to root the Backflip i finally got it!!! This is the way that i got it to work .

- this is the link for the moto drivers and sdk files if you dont already have em:
    xda-developers
    - this is the link for root files: (dont forget these)
    ModMyMobile Forums - Downloads - ROOT (Backflip, Cliq XT, Cliq, Dext)
    - now unzip the files onto your desktop. then move the files to a folder on c drive. name it moto_msm_root.
    - connect your phone through usb. Make sure debugging is turned on. When you connect your phone choose charge only.
    - open command prompt (start menu search -cmd)
    -now these codes are what your going to type into the cmd prompt. (hit enter after each code also you can copy and paste to save you the time typing)

- cd c:\Moto_MSM_Root/tools
    - adb devices (to verify the connection)
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\su /sdcard/su
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - adb push c:\Moto_MSM_Root\install-root.sh /data/local/tmp/install-root.sh
    - adb shell
    - cd /data/local/tmp
    - chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - chmod 0755 install-root.sh
    - now you download connectbot from the android market. open that up on your phone and type the codes:
    - cd /data/local/tmp (leave space between cd and /data)
    - ./rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - then if you get [+] forked xxxx childs (need to wait a tiny bit) you wanna press enter on yur phone them type exit to exit connectbot.
    - now open the connect bot again if it shows up as a black screen press the menu button and forseclose. then open up connect bot again and it should work if lnot then reboot your phone.
    - now when you get the # sign type this code in:
    /data/local/tmp/install-root.sh (if the script prints nothing, then it was successful)

- you have now succesfully rooted yur motorola backflip!!!!
    - i have come across every error while doing this root so if you have any questions or problems feel free to ask and i will try my best to help you GOOD LUCK!!!
    thanks Reeper1989 for posting this up, got my backflip rooted, i couldn't get it to work till i saw this, its weird cause looks like the same way it was posted earlier by amingv. soo thanks to everyone involed

Edit:i think i forgot to install ootc.sh
    can i still push it or do i have to restart all over again

thank you so much, this helped me get my backflip rooted

Interesting question, if I factory data reset my phone, will I have to root again?

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    Interesting question, if I factory data rest my phone, will I have to root again?

Yes you do after an email confirmation from one of the posters on the forum.

Sorry huh? What does an email confirmation have to do with my resetting the phone?

One of the members had flashed his phone with RSD/sbf setup. I had emailed him and asked if he had to reroot and he said yes. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a factory data reset and doing the RSD flash using the 13.37 sbf bringing your phone back to it's factory default image?

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links