Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I think he means that he got an email confirmation from someone stating you would need to reroot after restoring... Sent from my ROOTED MB300 ...

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

I think he means that he got an email confirmation from someone stating you would need to reroot after restoring...

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 via Tapatalk Pro.

Thanks broggyr. See my post prior to your last posting.

Quote Originally Posted by watatek View Post
    One of the members had flashed his phone with RSD/sbf setup. I had emailed him and asked if he had to reroot and he said yes. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a factory data reset and doing the RSD flash using the 13.37 sbf bringing your phone back to it's factory default image?
    No you're quite right, except I don't intend to reflash, only reset.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

i think i forgot to install ootc.sh
    can i still push it or do i have to restart all over again and i do have root

Ok, Im missing SOMETHING here...I followed the M3 steps, and These...When I open the Terminal Emulator and try to access the Rage file, It says Permission Denied...SOMEONE Lend a finger with this one?? I'm about a third of the way tempted to chuck this thing out the window! been messing with the root idea for the past 2 hours and haven't got it to do much of anything yet.

On the M3 Method, I get to where you type in "adb shell" and I get the "$" prompt...So that one doesnt wanna work.
    Im on Windows Vista if it helps any!
    Ignorantia Juris Neminem Excusat! - Ignorance of the law excuses no one!

I used the m3 method. Instead of using adb shell, use the emulator on the phone.

cd to data/local/tmp
    Chmod 0755 the rage file, then the install-root.sh file
    Then try to run the rage file.

Don't press ANYTHING until u see the msg shown on m3, then continue as directed.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty certain that you will retain root after doing a factory reset. From what other people have said between this and M3, a factory reset doesn't touch the system partition, it just restores the user partitions on the phone to the factory settings. This is because under normal circumstances, there is no way for the system partition to be modified during the use of the phone, so a factory reset would put it back to its original state. Since the rooting modifies files the system partition with the su command, etc, it would remain after a factory reset, thus at least part of the root would remain. Certain things might be removed, possibly Superuser.apk, but you won't be back to a stock system.

Well factory data reset went w/o a hitch. And I still have root. Unfortunately I did a sd partition unaware it would require formatting the entire card and lost all my info, nandroid, pictures,list goes on... be careful people

Just fallowed the steps and my phone is now rooted sweet!! now we jsut need some 2.X roms and we will all be good. and one know how to get rid of the bloatware.. or over clock it??

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    Well factory data reset went w/o a hitch. And I still have root. Unfortunately I did a sd partition unaware it would require formatting the entire card and lost all my info, nandroid, pictures,list goes on... be careful people
    Thanks for posting the result. I stand corrected.

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links