Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by maciel310 I'm pretty certain that you will retain root after doing a factory reset. From what other people have said between this ...

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Quote Originally Posted by maciel310 View Post
    I'm pretty certain that you will retain root after doing a factory reset. From what other people have said between this and M3, a factory reset doesn't touch the system partition, it just restores the user partitions on the phone to the factory settings. This is because under normal circumstances, there is no way for the system partition to be modified during the use of the phone, so a factory reset would put it back to its original state. Since the rooting modifies files the system partition with the su command, etc, it would remain after a factory reset, thus at least part of the root would remain. Certain things might be removed, possibly Superuser.apk, but you won't be back to a stock system.
    I wasn't clear. If you do a 'factory reset' then you may retain root. What I was referring to was the reflashing using the OEM backflip image and RSDLite to reload the OEM software back on the phone, not just a factory reset.
    http://www.attdroids.com/forum/motor...-re-flash.html

would there be any interest in me making a bat file? i think it would help noobs as long as they kept the folders the same. wat u think?

Quote Originally Posted by jakec1987 View Post
    Just fallowed the steps and my phone is now rooted sweet!! now we jsut need some 2.X roms and we will all be good. and one know how to get rid of the bloatware.. or over clock it??
    Head on over to M3 they have all that stuff over there Motorola Backflip/Motus

Tethering Working

I posted earlier that i could not tether, i finally got it to work, below will be the step by step instructions:

1) download the latest version of barnacle wifi tether from here: szym.net: Barnacle Wifi Tether

make sure to get .5.1

2) select "skip wpa_supplicant"

3) go to DHCP

4) select DNS 1 and put: 8.8.4.4

5) select DNS 2 and put 8.8.8.8

6) click start AND ENJOY TETHERING!!!!!!

i can now conform that this works on both macs and PCs, sadly i do not have linux, so hopefully somebody can check it there. but im sure it will work

Does it work for you when connected to At&t's network? If it does, how did you get it to work. For me, it doesn't disable the NAT rules correctly. I've read that this is because the kernel that our phones are running aren't getting the job done.
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    Does it work for you when connected to At&t's network? If it does, how did you get it to work. For me, it doesn't disable the NAT rules correctly. I've read that this is because the kernel that our phones are running aren't getting the job done.
    it works fine on AT&Ts network. make sure you skip the wpa thing and you enter the right number into the DNS settings. also make sure you have barnacle wifi tether, which is on the link i provided a couple posts up

I did that, but when I start tethering, this is what appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Coolcool View Post
    I did that, but when I start tethering, this is what appears.

i think it has something to do with the custom recovery image? did you flash the file, or did you keep the default one. i didnt flash it and it works for me.

Oh. I flashed it.

I restored my phone to before I flashed the update.zip and tethering now works for me.

Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links