Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by jmgib What trouble are you having with Titanium Backup? I believe it is one of the best or at least cleanest ways ...

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    What trouble are you having with Titanium Backup? I believe it is one of the best or at least cleanest ways of removing apps.
    It was force closing, but I got with the developer and he got an update that works with no problems

i do this after rageagainst etc... adb push ootc.sh data/local/tmp/ootc.sh because my ootc file is in my adb folder is that ok?....when i go to terminal i type in
    /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin and it keeps telling me permission denied,,,,what am i doing wrong plz help

Quote Originally Posted by amingv View Post
    I really wanted to be the one to develop the rooting method, and get the bounty money T__T. Curse my lack of knowledge...
    Meh, I can't possibly say I'm sad now. The rooting method didn't work on my backflip; no way I could live with that. I wanted in on root. I tried something different (based on the same exploit, mind you, I take no credit) and it worked. So maybe it'll work for you fellow backflippers who still can't root.
    It's not polished (it's quite possibly rougher than the original), but hey, rooted backflip...

Download ootc.sh (attached, see next post) for ease of use. You can check with any text editor that there's no malicious code there, just the collection of commands from the original root method. If you want to make changes use unix-style end-of-lines as windows-style will make it fail (and if you didn't understand that last bit, you probably shouldn't be editing it...).
    Put it in the same folder as the rest of the files.

Follow the steps on the original method up to here (I skipped busybox, but you can install it if you want):

Code:
    Setup:
    - Install adb unless you haven't done so and Motorola drivers unless you haven't done so 
    - Download attached archive
    - Extract to a directory, I used c:\Moto_MSM_Root
    - Make sure you have USB degugging enabled
    - Change connection to PC Mode

Process:
    - Open command prompt
    - cd c:\wherever-your-sdk-tools-folder-is
    - adb devices (to verify the connection)
    - cd c:\Moto_MSM_Root
    - adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
    - adb push su /sdcard/su
    - adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    - [...]
    - adb shell
    - cd data/local/tmp
    - chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    And push ootc.sh, too.

Code:
    adb push /home/amin/Desktop/ootc.sh /data/local/tmp/ootc.sh
    Unplug/safety-remove/whatever your cellphone and open Android Terminal Emulator from your phone, if you don't have it, you can get it for free on the market.

Type this on the terminal, with the hardware keyboard of the device:

Code:
    /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
    Attachment 218

The program will run. A few seconds later you should be back to the $ prompt, don't type anything or close the terminal! Wait until the screen prints
    Code:
    [+] Forked #### childs.
    Now press enter to get the prompt back and type "exit". The terminal will close.
    Attachment 219

Open the terminal again. You may or may not get an alert telling you the terminal died unexpectedly. If you do then just dismiss it and reopen it.
    Attachment 220
    You should now be in a root terminal. Yay!!!
    Attachment 221
    One more step; you just need to:
    Code:
    cd /data/local/tmp
    sh ootc.sh
    Attachment 222
    After the script runs (should be only a split second) and you get back to the prompt, type
    Code:
    exit
    You may want to restart the phone (power cycle off/on) to restore the terminal back to normal.
    You're done! Your backflip is rooted!

Really hope this can be useful to someone. At the same time I reiterate I did NOT develop the exploit. All credits and thanks go to Skrilax_CZ and C-Skills. So, thank you guys .

i do this after rageagainst etc... adb push ootc.sh data/local/tmp/ootc.sh because my ootc file is in my adb folder is that ok?....when i go to terminal i type in
    /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin and it keeps telling me permission denied,,,,what am i doing wrong plz help help thanks

/data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin and it keeps telling me permission denied,,,,what am i doing wrong plz help help thanks

Are you doing that from the phone or the pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Runnerx View Post
    Are you doing that from the phone or the pc?
    yea phone terminal...im doin the rageagainst...im followin the steps from amigv....and i keep gettin denied when i go into phones terminal

Did you do the chmod on the file? That should have corrected the error you are seeing.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Did you do the chmod on the file? That should have corrected the error you are seeing.

which file...what do you mean

ohh nvm i think i was skipping the stepps after [...],,,cause after i pushed the ootc. i unplugged phone and went into the phone terminal...but now i keep gettin $ when i do adb shell...in m3 version i kept getting $ now im getting $ again...dam...someone help..

Well, if you did everything correctly, try typing 'su' If not, go back and do everything exactly. This does work if you just follow the steps.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links