Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Trying it right now. If I would like to install a custom rom, does one need to be made specifically for the backflip?...

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Trying it right now. If I would like to install a custom rom, does one need to be made specifically for the backflip?

That would be my guess.

Frustrated. I always seem to have problems at the easiest parts of these kinds of things. I get about 3 steps in, when I do cd for the folder with Superuser.apk, it tells me adb not a known command or whatever. So I put the files needed for root with the adb files. adb push Superuser.apk tells me I don't have permission now. I need this bloatware of my phone

Had to ask, seeing as we saw the same root instructions pop up over and over. I've been following the Backflip for the last 6 months before I got it last week.

I...hesitate to ask...does this also mean we could get a custom rom for 2.2 if 2.1 is the end of the official line for us? or is that not how it works? Forgive me, I'm just starting my compsci courses, and only just got android as well, so I'm new to the whole thing.

I'd research it up myself, but I'm burnt out from classes.

The other method didn't work for me, so I was going to try amingv's method with the terminal emulator on the phone.
    I found the emulator on appbrain, but my phone won't bring it up in the market. anyone else run into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbeh View Post
    Frustrated. I always seem to have problems at the easiest parts of these kinds of things. I get about 3 steps in, when I do cd for the folder with Superuser.apk, it tells me adb not a known command or whatever. So I put the files needed for root with the adb files. adb push Superuser.apk tells me I don't have permission now. I need this bloatware of my phone
    I had this same problem man... This is what I did.
    I restarted the phone while it was connected to the computer... The computer will recognize the phone while it is still at the white bat wings screen... Push the superuser.apk and the su while the phone is booting. Thats how I got it to work

Quote Originally Posted by lioncage View Post
    Had to ask, seeing as we saw the same root instructions pop up over and over. I've been following the Backflip for the last 6 months before I got it last week.

I...hesitate to ask...does this also mean we could get a custom rom for 2.2 if 2.1 is the end of the official line for us? or is that not how it works? Forgive me, I'm just starting my compsci courses, and only just got android as well, so I'm new to the whole thing.

I'd research it up myself, but I'm burnt out from classes.
    yes... it means that we can have 2.2 ... It probably also means that we will get 2.1 before motorola gets it out.

Got Root on Motorola Backflip? I do.
    Who's special now, Mr. Janky?
    :-p

Quote Originally Posted by ldd2142 View Post
    yes... it means that we can have 2.2 ... It probably also means that we will get 2.1 before motorola gets it out.
    I'm just going to thank you for responding and get out of your guys way then ^_^ Woo 2.2!

Quote Originally Posted by mcpweev View Post
    The other method didn't work for me, so I was going to try amingv's method with the terminal emulator on the phone.
    I found the emulator on appbrain, but my phone won't bring it up in the market. anyone else run into this?

download it from here http://www.helloandroid.com/content/...t-root-your-g1

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links