Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by amingv What happens when you type "su" on a terminal emulator or on the adb shell? Does the prompt change to #? ...

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Quote Originally Posted by amingv View Post
    What happens when you type "su" on a terminal emulator or on the adb shell? Does the prompt change to #?
    Also remember /system is a read-only partition. You have to remount it as read-write.
    well.. im going to guess that most of you on here have programming experience and that is how you know what everyone is talking about. i have no experience whatsoever.. i have a motorola backflip with 1.5 and i see all this stuff online about people having 2.1 OS and i dont understand what i need to do, who i need to talk to.. any advice or steps to take??? someone please shed some light on this subject for me...:motorola:

There are step by step instructions on how to root your phone, and it is not that difficult. The official 2.1 upgrade should be available "soon-ish" so you may just want to wait until it is released.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I wonder if the root will work for the people that are running the test Motorola 2.1 build. I'm not sure I want to try it yet no get in trouble with Motorola. I'm sure they are checking this forum.

Someone has reported that it can be rooted using the same method, although you'll need a newer/different copy of 'su'. Most seem to be using an app, VISIONary to root, but it's not a permanent solution and has to be re-rooted whenever the phone is powered off.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Yes that is true. I have been able to root my backflip running 2.1. You just need the latest version of Busybox, SU, and Superuser. I would post where I got those files but I honestly don't remember now. I was searching like crazy to get them.

I basically follow all of the same steps but push the latest version of SU and Superuser to the phone. As I said before it works awesome.

After removing the AT&T crapware I'm now getting 52 hours on each charge. That is almost double what I was getting before. That include normal email checking, FB stuff (post/replies), and the occasional google searches.

The updated su and Superuser files can be found over at M3.. Confirmed it works using the latest versions of these.

So what is the verdict on upgrading a rooted 15 to 2.1? can it be done? It doesn't matter if 2.1 isn't rooted since I already deleted the att bloatware

I meant 1.5, I looked on Motorola's website, I was hoping they might have some warning since they must realize we have rooted it but nothing

It appears to be more of an issue with my custom recovery image than the root. I have to figure out how to get back the custom rom

crap, I mean get back the factory recovery image.

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links