Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by nappent After removing the AT&T crapware I'm now getting 52 hours on each charge. I would love to know how you manage ...

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Quote Originally Posted by nappent View Post
    After removing the AT&T crapware I'm now getting 52 hours on each charge.
    I would love to know how you manage that. Not trying to call you a liar but I find that impossible to believe. With light use, I usually am down to 15-20% battery left after about 15 hours of being unplugged which is more then sufficient for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zerzat View Post
    So what is the verdict on upgrading a rooted 15 to 2.1? can it be done? It doesn't matter if 2.1 isn't rooted since I already deleted the att bloatware
    Please use the edit button. Theres no need to post 4 times in a row, and frankly its annoying.

As for your question, Moto does not support us rooting the phone, so of course there not going to mention it. You can upgrade your rotter 1.5 to Preclair2.1 which is a rom based on the 2.1 Beta that Moto has released. I dont believe it has hit Gold status yet, so ATT hasnt pushed it as an OTA update yet. I havent tried Motos official beta, and have no desire to. I would rather use j_r00ds Preclair 2.1 anyways. You can get preclair here: [ROM] Preclair v1.0.2 [11.5.10]
    Motus MB300(Backflip)_2.1 Preclair Beta1 by j_r0dd

So, dumb question. but, what exactly does rooting your phone do? just free up more space than before due to the fact you can take off all that stuff AT&T pre-loaded it with? is it kinda like jailbreaking an ipod?

My bad, I definately looked like an idiot... thanks for the info

I thought something was wrong too.. I couldn't believe it. But since picking up the official motorola test build of 2.1 (not to be confused with a custom rom) and then rooting it I have gone 2.5 days with out charging it. I've done that twice now to make sure it wasn't just a mistake or that I forgotten I charged it. I think what help me the most is have have my non-peek data times from 9pm - 7am. Screen timeout set to 15 second. Backtrack disabled. Another thing that I noticed helps a ton is that I only have maybe 3 or 4 icons on my LauncherPro home screen. The more icons I had on there the more system lag. I don't have any App Killers since it's not need them when all the AT&T crapware is removed. My background is a black picture which may or may not help. Brightness is set to "Auto". K-9 Email is running all day and I get lots of email... so its not like my phone is doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by TechN9ne1730 View Post

As for your question, Moto does not support us rooting the phone, so of course there not going to mention it. You can upgrade your rotter 1.5 to Preclair2.1 which is a rom based on the 2.1 Beta that Moto has released. I dont believe it has hit Gold status yet, so ATT hasnt pushed it as an OTA update yet. I havent tried Motos official beta, and have no desire to. I would rather use j_r00ds Preclair 2.1 anyways. You can get preclair here: [ROM] Preclair v1.0.2 [11.5.10]
    The official upgrade has been out since Tuesday the 9th, and it was never going to be an OTA update in the first place.

52 hours of battery use though.. Yeah I call BS on that claim.. Im using the Moto release (still the 'soak' but its the same as what was released to the public), rooted, and dont even have my happenings or news widgets on anymore, just the calendar and Weather Channel and nope.. Gotta charge my phone every night or it will be around 15-20% in the morning when I wake up. K-9 and Gmail are always running but I dont get enough email for those to do too much damage..

/home/amin/Desktop/ootc.sh when i push ootc.sh to this directory it says no such file or directory any idears pointers anything???

Have you upgraded to Android 2.1 yet? If not, I suggest to go ahead an upgrade first and then just install z4root to root your phone. It is a 1-click root and available in the Market.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Android Addict marvin_attdroids's Avatar
    deleted by author

i went sunday to this afternoon on one charge when i put on preclair. i'm really impressed w/ the battery life now, lol

Hey, can I find the radio that is needed to install J-r0dd's ROM since I am already on 2.1 Official firmware?
    [\Marvin the Martian/]:blur:

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links