Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; @Emcee, I don't know this firsthand, but my guess would be that the Droid 2 had way more devs devoting way more time to it ...

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Junior Member turnyourbackandrun's Avatar
    @Emcee,
    I don't know this firsthand, but my guess would be that the Droid 2 had way more devs devoting way more time to it than the backflip.

Also, I wanted to confirm that I was able to root using amingv's method- thanks so much to everyone who played a part in this. Your hard work finally payed off!

Quote Originally Posted by Mircony View Post
    I think it worked but dont know how to know for sure.... whats a good sign that it worked?
    Having a "Superuser" app on the menu, or being able to run "su" on the terminal are good signs.

Wow, I'm going to try this tonight, as it seems lots of you guys are having good with this! Awesome!

aaaaand I've got root! That $20 for the root bounty proved to be money well-spent. Thanks, all! (And BUH-bye AT&T crapware!)

Great we can remove bloatware now. Does this also mean we can get whatever certificates needed to do a rootflash and possibly update the OS?

Quote Originally Posted by uberducky View Post
    Great we can remove bloatware now. Does this also mean we can get whatever certificates needed to do a rootflash and possibly update the OS?

Don't need them now. This is just like the Cliq. Once there is root, we can install custom ROMS...

Careful. You need to wait until the proper recovery images and such are in place before you go replacing the ROM on the phone. Patience young grasshopper. You won't want to go and brick your phone.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Wow... I can't believe we finally have root. No more adb for installing apps . Now, I've got a question. I use a Mac running OS X 10.5.8, and whenever I need to install non-market apps using adb, I always get an error stating something like '-bash: adb: command not found', so I have to enter 'PATH=$PATH:' with the directory of my tools folder of the SDK. Afterwards, it works, but I have to repeat the process each time I close/restart Terminal. Would this present a problem during the root process?

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromea View Post
    Wow... I can't believe we finally have root. No more adb for installing apps . Now, I've got a question. I use a Mac running OS X 10.5.8, and whenever I need to install non-market apps using adb, I always get an error stating something like '-bash: adb: command not found', so I have to enter 'PATH=$PATH:' with the directory of my tools folder of the SDK. Afterwards, it works, but I have to repeat the process each time I close/restart Terminal. Would this present a problem during the root process?
    Probably not... Use the second method. I wouldn't imagine it being a problem, with the second method, as you don't have to use the kill-server command.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydromea View Post
    Open up .profile (assuming youre using the default Bash shell) in your user directory and add your PATH=/adb-path:$PATH there. Restart Terminal and there you go. Wont have to append the PATH manually again.. Thanks for posting that though.. I didnt even know ADB was available for the Mac, Ive been doing all my Android stuff on my Dell Win7 laptop this whole time... Guess thats what I get for not looking hah!

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links