Backflip root!!

This is a discussion on Backflip root!! within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Sweet.. I read this thread just before dinner and had to wait for the wife to go to bed. So I have the ability to ...

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip root!!

Sweet..

I read this thread just before dinner and had to wait for the wife to go to bed. So I have the ability to su in the command line ... I want rid of that At&t crap... Where do I go from here?
    Is there an app to help?

BTW I am thrilled I kicked in $20 and this will be worth every penny..

Hey amingv,

I did everything as you showed and I did the ootc.sh file correctly, but I still don't seem to have write access. I am trying to flash it with j_r0dd's rom and I first need to delete the recovery.img, but when I try it says it is read only.

Also tried the new method from the original root method using the install-root.sh. Still no go.

Quote Originally Posted by apwhitelaw View Post
    Hey amingv,

I did everything as you showed and I did the ootc.sh file correctly, but I still don't seem to have write access. I am trying to flash it with j_r0dd's rom and I first need to delete the recovery.img, but when I try it says it is read only.

Also tried the new method from the original root method using the install-root.sh. Still no go.
    What happens when you type "su" on a terminal emulator or on the adb shell? Does the prompt change to #?
    Also remember /system is a read-only partition. You have to remount it as read-write.

I followed the instructions as mentioned but when I go to issue the first adb command to copy the file to the sdcard i get "Access Denied". Anybody know why. Sorry but I am new to this and still learning.

Where did you install Moto_MSM_Root?

Hey, Recovery is up and apparently running now. [RECOVERY] j_r0dd-mb300-v1.7.4.1 (8.27.10)

Quote Originally Posted by xeni View Post
    I followed the instructions as mentioned but when I go to issue the first adb command to copy the file to the sdcard i get "Access Denied". Anybody know why. Sorry but I am new to this and still learning.
    Make sure you're not using the USB Drive mode on the phone. When prompted pick "Charge Only".

Quote Originally Posted by xeni View Post
    I tried doing it only using adb and it didn't work. Try using terminal emulator for the chmod and beyond

Sent From My Motorola Backflip

I need some help. My command prompt says that 'adb' isn't recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or a batch file. This is after did this.
    Code:
    cd c:\Moto_MSM_Root
    Credit goes to ee0r.com for my avatar.

Cd back to your sdk folder. You don't need to be in the moto_msm_root folder, just push the items in it

Sent From My Motorola Backflip

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links