Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid?

This is a discussion on Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; MACTEP... Just got back and verified what you said. I didn't even have to cd /system. Just typed su after adb shell and a prompt ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid?

MACTEP...

Just got back and verified what you said.
    I didn't even have to cd /system.
    Just typed su after adb shell and a prompt showed up on the phone asking for permission.
    After choosing "allow", the # prompt showed up on the terminal on the pc.
    I even formatted the SDcard which apparently helped this other fella but didn't work for me.
    Thanks again!!

I've posted this question on other forums (including Titanium Backup). There may be no answer to this question, but I'll try here.

I'm old enough to know better, but rather than waiting for detailed instructions on performing a nandroid backup, I downloaded Titanium Backup (paid version), backed up the offending AT&T Crapware (Titanium did so to a folder on my SD card), then deleted the crapware from system/app (or so I thought) using Titanium.

When the nandroid how to was published, I decided to reinstall the deleted crapware using Titanium. Files are located on my SD card, but none of them contain the .apk files for the deleted crapware.

Query: If I now do a nandroid backup (less the deleted crapware, of course) and in the future need to recover my system using that backup, is it likely any system-type problems will be encountered? If not, I'll do the nandroid now rather than re-flash the system and have to re-do the rooting capability.

Your expert thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks, mojohn

Quote Originally Posted by mojohn View Post
    I've posted this question on other forums (including Titanium Backup). There may be no answer to this question, but I'll try here.

I'm old enough to know better, but rather than waiting for detailed instructions on performing a nandroid backup, I downloaded Titanium Backup (paid version), backed up the offending AT&T Crapware (Titanium did so to a folder on my SD card), then deleted the crapware from system/app (or so I thought) using Titanium.

When the nandroid how to was published, I decided to reinstall the deleted crapware using Titanium. Files are located on my SD card, but none of them contain the .apk files for the deleted crapware.

Query: If I now do a nandroid backup (less the deleted crapware, of course) and in the future need to recover my system using that backup, is it likely any system-type problems will be encountered? If not, I'll do the nandroid now rather than re-flash the system and have to re-do the rooting capability.

Your expert thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks, mojohn
    So since you've backed it up you still have the apk's right?
    I'm no expert on this but can't you just transfer the apk's back to their corresponding folders on the phone.
    Even though the apk's were not transfered, do the apps show up on the phone and work?

watatek, unfortunately, there are no .apk files on my SD card. I guess when I deleted the crapware using Titanium, it deleted not only the .apks in /system/app but also on my SD card. All that's on the SD card are .tar.gz files (which do not contain .apk files) and related properties files (that I can't open).

When I attempt to reinstall the crapware using Titanium, a status bar message appears almost instantaneously telling me the process is complete. However, when I look in the application "drawer", the crapware isn't there.

mojohn

mojohn,

On my pc I can right click on the tar.gz files and extract and I get the apk files back.
    See if you can do that otherwise download 7z or other zip tools that support tar.gz files.
    Hope that helps you.

mojohn,

Correction - do you see the apk.gz files anywhere on the titanium backup.
    They're the ones you extract and get the apks.

watatek, I don't have any apk.gz files in the SD card/TitaniumBackup folder. All I have are tar.gz and they do not contain apk files at all.

If possible, I'd rather not re-flash and have to start over again with rooting. Would you be willing to email your apk files so I can save them to my SD card? Hopefully, Titanium can restore them. If not, I can "push" them to system/app using the sdk.

mojohn.....Which apk's do you need and what's your email addrs.

watatek, email is jarthurmiller at yahoo dot com.

I need the following apks:

street view
    mobile banking
    music ID
    mobitv
    at&t wi fi hot spots
    help center
    mobile video
    yahoo search
    at&t navigator
    at&t maps
    allsport gps
    where
    ypmobile

Thanks a bunch!

Just hang tight for a while. Might not be able to get this to you till tonight. Unless someone else can send it to you now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links