Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid?

This is a discussion on Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Do i need to download an app or something in order to get nandroid, and how would i perform an actual backup using Nandroid on ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid?

Backflip rooted, how to backup with nandroid?

Do i need to download an app or something in order to get nandroid, and how would i perform an actual backup using Nandroid on my Backflip?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Open adb shell, and type su to get to #. Type:
    reboot recovery

The phone will restart into recovery mode and you'll get a menu. You can use volume up/down to navigate, the power button to select an item and the camera button to go back.

To make a backup select the "Backup/Restore" option on the menu, select "Nand backup" on the next menu and hit the power button to confirm. Once the backup completes, hit the camera button to go back to the main menu and select "Reboot system now", the phone will boot normally.

Your backup will be located in a folder called "nandroid" on your sd card. Copy it to your computer or to other secure location.

All credit goes to amingv over at the "Backflip root!!" post.

I used amingv process but when i type reboot recovery from "#" the phone reboots into a screen the has the triangle with the phone and exclamation point in it. I use titanium backup tho so i know i'm rooted but did i miss a step somewhere?

To be able to do a back up you will need a custom recovery as well as root. j_r0dd over at m3 have got one up and running for us and it works well so far

SO i have to flash j_r0dds recovery image before i can boot my phone into recovery mode? IS hat right?

No, you don't need j_r0dds recovery image to boot the phone in recovery mode, but in a manner of speaking, the recoery mode that comes w/ the phone is pretty much useless. and the volume buttons are inverted.

His custom recovery corrects this issue, and allows you to fix permissions, and to run a nandroid backup which is essential once people start putting out Backflip custom Roms

Well I have flashed the recovery image to the phone yet but I am still unable to see a screen when I boot into recovery any thoughts on that? Its still just the triangle with phone and exclammation point :/

I'm also unable to perform adb remount says permission denied I think? But I can run adb remount on my aria so I know I'm doin that step right. Is it possible to have like half root? Because I can get su permission and been using titanium backup but still can't do those things I've mentioned

What it sounds like is that you still haven't given your computer Superuser permission yet. So trying to remount from the adb shell isn't going to work. When you do su from the adb shell, to you get the # symbol? and did you see a prompt on your phone about allowing/denying superuser permission?

As far as the recovery, it's suggested that you remove the stock recovery.img file from the /system folder.

The EASY way to get Read/Write Access is to just use Root Explorer, it has a button at the top of the screen that says "Mount RW"

I feel retarded, but the Nandroid download at XDA isn't an .apk, so what's the best way to install it?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links