Removing Crapware

This is a discussion on Removing Crapware within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; it's very possible. and not difficult. idk if i would do that for the text messages though. handcent is still buggy, and no sure that ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Removing Crapware

it's very possible. and not difficult. idk if i would do that for the text messages though. handcent is still buggy, and no sure that it will work w/ the universal inbox. so browser yes, texts, no

iTylerA, do you know the name of the stock browser apk so I can remove it? I'll follow your advice and not touch the stock text app.

/system/app/Browser.apk
    /system/app/Browser.odex

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by iTylerA View Post
    In addition to removing the crapware, I suggest using CacheMate for root users

I did that after i removed the stuff, and my available storage doubled in size. and no performance lag to speak of
    What does it do, exactly? Clear out leftover files from the apps we removed?

Cache files are used to store information on a temporary basis for quick access. The physical location of this can be either on a hard drive or in RAM memory.
    The idea behind it is to store information the computer is probably going to need in a location that's quick and easy to access. Since it can get to needed information quicker, things are supposed o run faster.
    But the more files that get cached, the longer it takes for the cache files to be found, which after a while starts to slow down things instead of speed them up. They also start to take up a lot of space.

CacheMate gets rid of these files, giving you more space to do what you wish to with. There's no performance decrease from clearing your cache either.

Quote Originally Posted by RonV View Post
    I found like AT&T maps, google mail, etc were auto loading. So I started to disable them one by one and rebooting. Advanced task killer showed each time that the task was indeed gone.

Feeling good about this I went on my merry way until I tried to install an app from the app store. I was able to browse but when it came time to download it would just stay in the download mode with nothing being received.
    In the same thread with the 'approved' list of stuff to remove its posted not to remove (or in your case disable) anything to do with the GTalk, Talk, or GMail services or youll break the Market.

Quote Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
    In the same thread with the 'approved' list of stuff to remove its posted not to remove (or in your case disable) anything to do with the GTalk, Talk, or GMail services or youll break the Market.
    Opinions: is it safe to remove "news.apk" and "aimimplugin.apk"?

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 via Tapatalk

Update: I was feeling lucky, so I uninstalled the aimimplugin.apk and news.apk. News.apk would run at startup and use 10+MB every time. Much better now.

Sent from my ROOTED MB300 via Tapatalk

Ok So I followed the guide to remove crapware..
    When I go to the motoblur Face book and attempt to post a comment. I get the following..

Name:  facebook.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  9.2 KB

I suspect I may have deleted something it needs?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links