Stuff to do with our root access

This is a discussion on Stuff to do with our root access within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I say take the question to our M3 saviors. Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff to do with our root access

I say take the question to our M3 saviors.

Sent From My Rooted Motorola Backflip via Tapatalk Pro

Doesn't the Backflip already support HSDPA? According to Motorola BACKFLIP - MOTOBLUR - Android phone - Tech Specs - Motorola, Inc. USA it supports HSDPA 7.2
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Quote Originally Posted by cheddarbob41 View Post
    what about the "H" network? Would it be able to be modded to use the HSDPA (High-Speed Downlink Packet Access) network? My Aria has it from cyanogen mod he said it was just an easy mod he built into his rom so think we could do the same on the backflip without the rom part? I love the H network i got up to 6mbit one time when downloading something :D
    You've already got HSDPA if the phone is displaying the "3G" icon at the top.

According to this page (Google cache, since the current real page is a bloaty ugly Flash beast), "The AT&T 3G network uses HSDPA/UMTS technology (High Speed Downlink Packet Access/Universal Mobile Telephone System), which makes it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless services. It also gives AT&T the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. That means you can talk and use the Internet at the same time. How's that for multitasking?"

--W5i2

hmmm interesting i didn't know that well thanks for the info guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by weasel5i2 View Post
    You've already got HSDPA if the phone is displaying the "3G" icon at the top.

According to this page (Google cache, since the current real page is a bloaty ugly Flash beast), "The AT&T 3G network uses HSDPA/UMTS technology (High Speed Downlink Packet Access/Universal Mobile Telephone System), which makes it possible to enjoy a variety of feature-rich wireless services. It also gives AT&T the advantage of offering simultaneous voice and data services. That means you can talk and use the Internet at the same time. How's that for multitasking?"

--W5i2
    That doesnt exactly sound right to me. Im just going off an old winmo phone I had but when it displayed 3G, it was NOT using HSDPA. HSDPA was defaultly disabled(by ATT) and had to actually be enabled via a hidden option you could access through KiaserTweak. And once HSDPA was enabled, it actually showed an H rather than 3G when it was connected through the HSDPA.

Just seems odd to me that some phones will show 3G and not be on HSDPA, but the backflip shows 3G and is on HSDPA?

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    It's 3G but not HSDPA. It's UMTS. Actually the backflip is a 3.5G phone with HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS.

HSDPA = Fastest 3G
    HSUPA = Fast uplink speeds
    UMTS = the transitional network to bridge EDGE and HSPA(+).

I should also note that HSDPA/HSUPA are both covered under the UMTS spec.

I have a question regarding enabling non-market apps.
    I get into adb shell, then I enter SU, and then I start typing whats required for step 7, replacing the location there with the location provided earlier in this topic, but I always get about halfway through typing it out when it just all of a sudden seems to remove SU access and says permission denied even though I hadn't hit enter yet.

Ok, while I wasn't able to get everything working using adb, I was able to use Root Explorer to pull the file out and change the value to 1, but I still am unable to install non-market apps. I double and tripled checked and the value is definitely set to 1, so theres clearly something else that needs to be done to get that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronneyer View Post
    Ok, while I wasn't able to get everything working using adb, I was able to use Root Explorer to pull the file out and change the value to 1, but I still am unable to install non-market apps. I double and tripled checked and the value is definitely set to 1, so theres clearly something else that needs to be done to get that to work.
    That method doesn't work...at all

Use this MOD from j_r0dd [MOD] Install non-market apps

Alright thanks. Not sure if it was from changing that value in settings.db or from trying to change my bootanimation but at some point, I screwed something up and my backflip wouldn't boot. Just did a recovery so now I have to start installing everything on my phone again from scratch. Guess I also need to root it again.

EDIT: Wow, my phone is running nice and speedy again. I'm kind of glad this happened, now I got my phone running like it was when it was new.
    EDIT2: Guess I didn't lose root during recovery. Yay

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links