Stuff to do with our root access

This is a discussion on Stuff to do with our root access within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Here's what I've found so far, I'm learning as I go. Used Titanium Backup to backup apps, and then to remove some of the bloatware ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff to do with our root access

Stuff to do with our root access

Here's what I've found so far, I'm learning as I go.

Used Titanium Backup to backup apps, and then to remove some of the bloatware I thought would be safe. Stayed away from blur stuff, didn't know if it would be tied in too deep and cause problems. There's also some info on replacing the ATT music app with the stock app and other valuable info over here

Used SetCPU to customize cpu speeds, set it to stay closer to top speed when awake, and a lower max speed for when it's asleep/in standby. Using the cliq settings on that one. Thanks to daddyroot's post in the Cliq forum over at modmymobile for giving me the head's up on this one.

Everyone new to having a rooted android share so we can all learn faster!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yeah, I would definitely leave the Blur stuff alone. I was busy last night (wife is assistant dean at the local college and we were "blessed" to chaperone a dance last night, meh) so I haven't had a chance to try the modified version of the rooting method, but I couldn't get the initial version to work yesterday.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

FYI:
    SetCPU is paid on the market, but the developer is kind enough to offer it free over at xda developers.
    He just asks that it doesn't get included in roms.

Just want to reiterate what mcpweev said about the blur stuff. DON'T mess with it! Blur is tied into our OS to deeply to just uninstall the different parts.

Take it from me (I screwed up mine, though it does still work) - Mess with the safe stuff, but leave Blur alone... for now.

With root, I was able to turn on non-market apps (I think, still testing...) by following this guide for the Captivate:

How To: Remove (Almost) Every Trace of AT&T - Android Forums

(Under "Enable App Sideloading")

Just do exactly what it says there, except you need to change the path in each step to the correct one for for the Backflip:

/data/data/com.motorola.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Also note that in step 18, the install_non_market_apps value is actually ID 17, not 6.

Also, when installng SetCPU, be sure to get 2.0.1. anything later than that has no 1.5 support

Has anyone tried installing Google search. I have the apk which I backed up from my phone if anyone needs it..

Sent from my 1 of my Android phones using Tapatalk

On enabling non-market apps, my phone says that the file doesn't exist (/dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db). Did I miss something here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dbagjones View Post
    On enabling non-market apps, my phone says that the file doesn't exist (/dbdata/databases/com.android.providers.settings/settings.db). Did I miss something here?
    use the filepath in this post:

Quote Originally Posted by benzilla View Post
    With root, I was able to turn on non-market apps (I think, still testing...) by following this guide for the Captivate:

How To: Remove (Almost) Every Trace of AT&T - Android Forums

(Under "Enable App Sideloading")

Just do exactly what it says there, except you need to change the path in each step to the correct one for for the Backflip:

/data/data/com.motorola.providers.settings/databases/settings.db

Also note that in step 18, the install_non_market_apps value is actually ID 17, not 6.

Sonofa.. sorry man... I read the post too. Obviously my comprehension was non-existent. *hangs head in shame*

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links