CyanogenMod

This is a discussion on CyanogenMod within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; I dont think we'll be seeing it 'soon' He may have gotten it onto the phone and booted but nothing on the phone works at ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CyanogenMod

I dont think we'll be seeing it 'soon' He may have gotten it onto the phone and booted but nothing on the phone works at all..
    What it boils down to, just like theyve been saying at M3, we're going to have to wait until Motorola releases 2.1 so we can get the newer hardware drivers that work with the later kernel.. I dont think we're going to get anywhere until they finally push it out..

Quote Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
    I dont think we'll be seeing it 'soon' He may have gotten it onto the phone and booted but nothing on the phone works at all..
    What it boils down to, just like theyve been saying at M3, we're going to have to wait until Motorola releases 2.1 so we can get the newer hardware drivers that work with the later kernel.. I dont think we're going to get anywhere until they finally push it out..
    Yea, unfortunately that makes sense. Im a decent c/c++ programmer with no experience in linux kernel hacking, been researching and trying to see if I can help and the lack of usable drivers with the new kernel is difficult to get around. Hopefully when 2.1 finally comes out we can make some progress. I wonder why motorola is trying so hard to sabotauge the backflip this phone is great except for the software.

How exactly is Motorola trying to sabotage the Backflip?
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

Google recently stated that according to devices accessing the Android Market, something like 70% were running 2.0 or higher, its ridiculous that were running such a low version this late. Motoblur has some nice features but its currently using 46 mb on my system, and the only motoblur feature I use is the facebook and phone contact synchronization, and Motoblur Services often freaks and uses 100% processor for hours at a time.

At least we finally have root and there are cm roms in our future, should get more people and developers interested in it. I love the phone itself it just seems gimped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links