Should I root my Backflip?

This is a discussion on Should I root my Backflip? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Originally Posted by Sven37 So if we root our backflips, when the official 2.1 update comes out, are we able to get it without reverting ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I root my Backflip?

Quote Originally Posted by Sven37 View Post
    So if we root our backflips, when the official 2.1 update comes out, are we able to get it without reverting to a non-rooted state and would we lose our root access?

If I were to wait untilt he official 2.1 wouldn't it be possible now that moto would include patches to prevent rooting through this method again??
    The answer to both questions is that it is possible. It's possible that modifying your phone will prevent it from being able to install the 2.1 upgrade whenever it gets released, unless you put your phone back to stock 13.37. It is also entirely possible that once the phone is upgraded to 2.1 the method used to root the Backflip will no longer work. No one really knows at this point though what will happen.

Personally I say that if you are unsure, to just wait a month or two or however long until the upgrade arrives and then decide what you want to do.
    Avatar courtesy of Elliott C. 'Eeyore' Evans

I can't see rooting the phone preventing us from receiving ota updates. unless you delete the ota update fro the phone itself
    the phone still reads as blur 13.37. we didn't change the phone, just how much access we had to it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmgib View Post
    The answer to both questions is that it is possible. It's possible that modifying your phone will prevent it from being able to install the 2.1 upgrade whenever it gets released, unless you put your phone back to stock 13.37. It is also entirely possible that once the phone is upgraded to 2.1 the method used to root the Backflip will no longer work. No one really knows at this point though what will happen.

Personally I say that if you are unsure, to just wait a month or two or however long until the upgrade arrives and then decide what you want to do.
    This was the same method used for the new Droid X or the Droid 2 wasnt it?? Those are both running 2.1 so technically we should still be able to use the exploit but never know if Moto will fix it.. They would have to make a patch just for the Backflip though and man I hope that doesnt make the upgrade take longer than it already is! :D

I am so lost! I want to be able to have full access to my backflip. I do not know where to start. Can some one help me?

Hi Anna, and Welcome.

This was not the best thread to choose for trying to root your BF. Please see the most recent discussions about rooting your Backflip *HERE* and *HERE*. Good tips for the easiest, up-to-date, route.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links