Overclocking?

This is a discussion on Overclocking? within the Motorola Backflip Development & Hacking forums, part of the Motorola Backflip category; Can't wait till we can use this with a different kernel. You can get more info from the developer of SetCPU on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overclocking?

Can't wait till we can use this with a different kernel.
    You can get more info from the developer of SetCPU on this post:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419
    He also gives a link to the app's homepage, where he has all versions available for download. Watch out for the newer versions that are for 1.6 and higher.
    Just like any other good program, remember you can donate to the dev if you buy it from the market!

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Guys, just to be honest and fair, I think you guys should get the SetCPU app from XDA-Developers HERE. There's been a lot of things done without the consent of the dev that created it. He prefers you get it from the market for the auto updating, but since we can't.... Anyways, if you get it from XDA it's still free, and he has a backlog of older versions, so you can get whatever version you need.

Quote Originally Posted by mcpweev View Post
    Can't wait till we can use this with a different kernel.
    You can get more info from the developer of SetCPU on this post:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419
    He also gives a link to the app's homepage, where he has all versions available for download. Watch out for the newer versions that are for 1.6 and higher.
    Just like any other good program, remember you can donate to the dev if you buy it from the market!
    Wow, you posted that right before I hit post... sorry..lol. I was getting the link for above and got carried away at XDA..

So since I rooted my backflip I have been looking into overclocking the phone. I have been messing with a few apps such as SetCpu and it works alright so far. I found this overclocking procedure by installing a kernel thru your sd card on the phone. You can push it up to 748mhz but I know its going to most likely drain the battery faster and also maybe even burn up the cpu in the phone. I have read also it runs good around 691mhz stable. More info on this would be appreciated.

Here is the link to the overclock kernel site:
    Overclock your Motorola Backflip 2.1 Eclair and increase its performance ? Tech Geek Guy

Twitter
    @Dorian_At_ATT
    Quote Originally Posted by blackandorange View Post
    So since I rooted my backflip I have been looking into overclocking the phone. I have been messing with a few apps such as SetCpu and it works alright so far. I found this overclocking procedure by installing a kernel thru your sd card on the phone. You can push it up to 748mhz but I know its going to most likely drain the battery faster and also maybe even burn up the cpu in the phone. I have read also it runs good around 691mhz stable. More info on this would be appreciated.

Here is the link to the overclock kernel site:
    Overclock your Motorola Backflip 2.1 Eclair and increase its performance ? Tech Geek Guy
    The thing to remember with overclocking is that the CPU in this sense is passively cooled. The more you stress it the hotter it gets. 528MHz was it's reference clock. With that platform (MSM7201A), 628MHz to 650MHz should be about the best. The maximum stable point isn't necessarily the best. You want to keep it within it's boundaries, not right on the cusp. Also, the battery drain issue applies here big time, being that the Backflip's CPU is a 65NM CPU. At 628-650MHz, you'll have to monitor your battery usage, because it will go down pretty quickly with heavy use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links